Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2013, 18:36   #1

Crew to Costa Rica

We have a Condor 40 Trimaran leaving from Boca Raton FL to the west coast of Costa Rica by way of the Panama Canal -- adventurous enough? --- We need an athletic crew like you. This vessel will charter in Tamarindo and will need an experienced crew -- which you will be after this athletic adventure. Working partner needed -- although some expenses and compensation may be available for this trip -- but mostly hard work and good vibes will get you there.
thanx,
Ed
Old 27-06-2013, 04:46   #2

Re: Crew to Costa Rica

Sounds like a fun trip I've always wanted to do the Panama canal. What date are you looking to make way? How long do you think the trip will take?
Old 27-06-2013, 05:43   #3

Hi Zbay,

Leaving as soon as boat is ready (2 weeks maybe). Transit time depends on any stops along the way but should be about 3 weeks to a month.
thanx,
Ed
Old 27-06-2013, 10:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed3541 View Post
We have a Condor 40 Trimaran leaving from Boca Raton FL to the west coast of Costa Rica by way of the Panama Canal -- adventurous enough? --- We need an athletic crew like you. This vessel will charter in Tamarindo and will need an experienced crew -- which you will be after this athletic adventure. Working partner needed -- although some expenses and compensation may be available for this trip -- but mostly hard work and good vibes will get you there.
thanx,
Ed
Good afternoon,

Do you still need a crew member?
Old 27-06-2013, 11:08   #5

Hi Justin21,
Yes we do.
thanx,
Ed
Old 30-06-2013, 19:43   #6
cruiser

Boat: Choey Lee 30

Hurricane can you say that captain?I think your nuts,but i can go in December.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:26   #7

Boat: Newport 27

I am an experienced sailor and chef looking for a summer adventure. Traversing the Gulf of Mexico in hurricane season certainly fits that bill! Message me if you are still looking. I'm a very fit, 30 year old chef just nearby in St Petersburg.
Old 03-07-2013, 19:14   #8

Hi Ed, is there room for one more sailor. I'm not too experienced but am familiar with the ropes Speak fluent Spanish and would like to be part of the adventure. You planning to stop in Belize and Rio Dulce, Guatemala? I live in Delray Beach. Cheers!
Old 27-07-2013, 06:35   #9

I would like to through my hat in the ring and become your crew too if its open. I live in costa rica, limon, puerto viejo. contact me by here or email creativeautomaton[at]gmail.com

p.s. im am american from st louis mo. btw
Old 28-07-2013, 22:13   #10

Hello, i'm heading down through Costa Rica in January on my trip to south america and was wondering if you will be stopping in Belize, Nicaragua, or Honduras before your way down to the panama canal. I have quite a bit of sailing experience as i was in the navy the last 6 years,now I'm backpacking my way to Argentina but I'd love to get some more sailing experience, as well sail down south.
Let me know if you have any more room.
Abe
Old 02-09-2013, 19:08   #11

My Girlfriend and I want to crew for you! We are good cooks, friendly, hardworking and laid back. I am a whitewater raft guide in Idaho and we are used to spending weeks at a time in the wilderness. Now we want to spend some time at sea! I have worked in a boat yard and am very handy and hardworking. I know how to sail, but have a lot to learn. We will be in, and could depart from the Dominican Republic from 9/14-9/21. Or from anywhere after 9/21/13
Old 02-09-2013, 21:36   #12

Hey are planning on heading back to the states when you go through costa rica? I may be heading back to the states by the time you get to there and if you're looking for crew back home or continue down through panama with, I'm your guy.
Old 02-09-2013, 22:27   #13

Boat: Islander Freeport 41' Ketch

You do realize the original post was made in July of this year. Anyway, I interested too.
“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your ****, then you deserve it.” ― Frank Zappa

Tags
crew