Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2013, 10:47   #1

Crew required to leisurely cruise Belearic/Spain/Portugal all summer

I am looking for educated and experienced crew ideally with some experience for gentle cruising and sun soaking for the whole or any part of the summer.

Contributions towards food and entertainment only. Mainly at anchor with rare marina visits. Non-smokers with pleasant personality and positive outlook, either male or female. Two cabins available.

See Phil's Sailing Adventure for details of me, the boat and contact information.

I have started the sun soaking without you, so hurry up!

Phil
Old 21-05-2013, 04:01   #2

Re: Crew required to leisurely cruise Belearic/Spain/Portugal all summer

Hi Phil
I love your blog / website!
I am a South African woman who has done Competent Crew training in RSA and in Portugal but still need to learn a lot more.
I can be anywhere in Europe from 25 June to 16 July and would be very keen to join you for cruising in those weeks. (I am in London 13 to 24 June.)
After 16 July I will be in Turkey with a friend (who would be keen to join - we are looking for sailing opportunitues there too - but I think that's off your itinerary?)

I am easy-going, and have a good sense of fun. Kitchen and cleaning work, all of that all fine, but will need some guidance on the crewing bit. Am so keen on learning more about sailing. Am early 50s but have loads of energy.
Can send references etc if you need that to be convinced...

Please take me!
Leoni
Old 21-05-2013, 08:46   #3

Leoni,

Thank you for your posting and kind words about my website. Please respond via my website's contact-us page, so that I can contact you nearer the time.

July is still a long way off and who knows where I will be then, or whether I have both cabins already filled with enthusiastic crew-folk. Hopefully not, so you and possibly your friend can come for a cruise then.

For anyone else reading this, the cabins are still empty and it is getting warmer here by the day. The cabins are on a first-come first-served basis and unless you do anything daft, current occupiers will have precedence over new requests however long you have been aboard. Please ensure you can pay your way with food and entertainment, these are not paid crewing jobs being offered. Just friendships and ships.

Please contact me via my website as I do not often get the chance to visit this website and respond to posts.

Phil
Old 21-05-2013, 10:02   #4

Sent you an email through your website, hope to hear from you!
Old 21-05-2013, 13:52   #5

Jake, can you send another message via the contact-us form on my website. I got your message but not your email address.
Old 24-05-2013, 07:53   #6

I have received many offers for crewing aboard my 2011 Lagoon 380 Catamaran for July and August, but I still have availability for Immediate start and throughout June.

If you have crew experience with sailing boats and want to spend some or all of the summer cruising the Mediterranean, then drop me a line from my website phaessa.co.uk, which will also update you on whether the cabins are still available, were I am and some history about me and the boat.

There is a contact us page, where you can contact me immediately and I will respond to all emails.

Ideal opportunity of getting into the sun immediately for the cost of a cheap flight to Ibiza. There will be some sailing involved, but only really to look for the next perfect place to anchor.

Phil
Old 24-05-2013, 08:28   #7
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Phil, head to Port Roig on the South coast great protected anchorage (except from the SW) then over to Espalmador for a free mooring buoy or Formentera for a free buoy. Also the island just off San Antonio.You probably know these already but they're definitely a couple of my favorites. Hope the weather is warming up there..
Old 24-05-2013, 08:46   #8

Monte: thank you for your suggestions, certainly going to head that way. You said that you wanted a witty signature. How about this, one of my favourites. "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Old 28-05-2013, 00:01   #9

Message for J Kent Riedling

Kent,

Thank you for your email. I am very interested in having you aboard, but my emails to your account are being bounced back. Do you have an alternative email address?

Please contact me via the phaessa.co.uk contact-us form.

Phil
Old 02-09-2013, 19:10   #10

My Girlfriend and I want to crew for you! We are good cooks, friendly, hardworking and laid back. I am a whitewater raft guide in Idaho and we are used to spending weeks at a time in the wilderness. Now we want to spend some time at sea! I have worked in a boat yard and am very handy and hardworking. I know how to sail, but have a lot to learn. We will be in, and could depart from the Dominican Republic from 9/14-9/21. Or from anywhere after 9/21/13
Old 03-09-2013, 05:44   #11

...guess phil will be happy to sail with you. If you have a boat.
have a look at his blog...
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12   #12

Boat: Bayliner 2355, looking for a Whitby

wow, that sure came to an abrupt end....wonder what happened.

Tags
crew, cruise