Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2009, 16:03   #1

Crew Needed, St. Thomas to Wilmington NC in May

I am going to be moving my 1981 Stevens 47 from St. Thomas USVI to Savannah, GA in May and I am looking for some crew to help. I will be up front with this… money is crazy tight and I am trying to find volunteers looking for some offshore experience and fun. I can cover all provisions and drinks but that’s probably it.

I have been sailing most of my life (I am 42), I have owned this boat for 15 months and in that time I have spent over 12 weeks living aboard and I feel very comfortable with the boat. She is a great sailing, seaworthy and sea kindly boat that is setup for offshore passage making.

A buddy and I are flying down on May 7th and we plan to spend 4-5 days getting the boat fully provisioned and ready to leave. We plan to head out, weather permitting, on May 12th from Crown Bay Marina on St. Thomas. Anyone planning to make this trip could fly into St. Thomas anytime from the 8th onward. The plan (at this point) is to sail the rumb line, outside and to the east of the Bahamas with the option to turn to the west should we feel the need to seek shelter. I expect the passage to take about 10 days. Plans are however loose, the weather at the time will dictate our final route and schedule. This is not a delivery with no regard to weather or conditions, we are not putting a schedule before safety and comfort so anyone contemplating making the trip needs to be flexible relative to schedule.

I am ideally looking for 2 crew to make a total of 4. I would prefer crew have some offshore experience and to know they’re way around a sailboat. Most importantly you need to be easy going, flexible, and easy to get along with.

Anyone who is interested, please email me at terrycspringer@yahoo.com

Terry
Old 30-03-2009, 06:52   #2

Boat: J-36, Beneteau 50
Send a message via Yahoo to procrew4u
Delivery

I unfortunately do this as a job and at 44 years old I have an impressive resume, I grew up in STT, and my father lives in STX, I recently delivered a 30 footer from Miami down there and currently looking for a south to north delivery, my rates are very negotiable and a flight would be required to and from Newport, RI. On this site is some info about me and some comments, if you choose to get in touch with me, please send a P.M.

Thanks Tony.