Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 09:10   #1

Crew Helper Available, Looking to sail from New England, Cape Cod Area and South

Hi,

I'm a beginner to this and want to try sailing along the coast instead of taking the petroleum polluted highways. I love the ocean, nature and being active. I'm an honest dude, vegetarian and fit. I can handle any task needed and I'm a fast learner. I did the whole college and job thing but then awoke to the truth and have moved on to bartering since then.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:35   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Crew Helper Available, Looking to sail from New England, Cape Cod Area and South

Hi again... not meaning to offend but just a little hopefully helpful advice..
Skip the barter/belief stuff..
I do deliveries for my bread and salt.. the last thing I'm interested in is a crew persons beliefs and religious convictions..
You can be a Buddhist/Muslim/Christian/Jain or Atheist for all I care.. just don't try and ram your beliefs down my throat..
Vomit cleanly over the leeward side.. or in the toilet and clean up after.. are cheerful, willing and with 20/20 vision... fitness is a major asset and an ability not to burn water..
Crewing is a short term thing.. in the main and a major asset in crew is the ability to leave one's crap and baggage ashore and live in the moment.. there's enough out there to deal with already
Best wishes for your ambitions..
Oh.. and try a grin... look a little less Satanic..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:51   #3

Re: Crew Helper Available, Looking to sail from New England, Cape Cod Area and South

Did I ask for your opinion? lol. No offense but if you aren't into barter then just move on bud.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:57   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Re: Crew Helper Available, Looking to sail from New England, Cape Cod Area and South

You do have the look and feel of someone a little scary.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:57   #5
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Crew Helper Available, Looking to sail from New England, Cape Cod Area and South

Hey... your the one asking/looking to move into a new life style..
If you can't accept something freely given with good intent.. well.. that's your 'Philosophy' ***$ed straight away..
Happy travels..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:07   #6

I didn't post for opinions. I posted to get replies from people who are serious about help. If not then move on.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:23   #7
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicTruth View Post
Hi,

I'm a beginner to this and want to try sailing along the coast instead of taking the petroleum polluted highways. I love the ocean, nature and being active. I'm an honest dude, vegetarian and fit. I can handle any task needed and I'm a fast learner. I did the whole college and job thing but then awoke to the truth and have moved on to bartering since then.

Guess you didn't like the responses you got last time you posted the above. You could at least come up with new wording.

You do remember posting here right (you posted it twice at the time).
Old 11-01-2014, 11:13   #8

Leave me in peace man. My gosh. Don't you have something better to do?
Old 11-01-2014, 12:44   #9
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Leave me in peace man. My gosh. Don't you have something better to do?
So you didn't get any good responses from the last time??????

And at the moment this is as good as anything else I have to do. I helping you by giving your posting a bump so people see it.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:53   #10

with your sparkling personality and attitude I'm sure you will get plenty of offers
Old 11-01-2014, 17:20   #11

Boat: EndeavourCat 36

Quote:
I didn't post for opinions. I posted to get replies from people who are serious about help. If not then move on.
Hmmm, opinions are what you get here! Sorry.. but if you don't like it, go out and walk the docks in your area. Post notices at the marinas. Lots more people go boating than post here. And yes, maybe you will look less like Charles Manson in person!
Old 11-01-2014, 17:25   #12

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401
If you think the highways are petroleum polluted just wait until you're chugging southbound under diesel power dodging the enormous ships that also burn huge quantities of petroleum.
Old 12-01-2014, 00:58   #13
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I often find that bartering with cash works well in today's cruising circles.
Old 12-01-2014, 00:59   #14
Marine Service Provider

Perhaps an old wooden boat you can pick up for free. . Without an engine.. and just L earn on your own fRom your own experience. .... otherwise you may not be happy on another boat with other people. And the above advice about where to vomit may come in handy the first time your crew mates grill up a steak. I'm not judging or opining about your choices but you should just get yourself to a warm spot and do it. .. this forum may not be best for your purposes.... get your own boat and go. .. but be prepared and be ready for true self reliance. .. and the satanicmanson remarks are not entirely out of line. .imho

Tags
cape cod, crew, England, new england, sail