Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 22:40   #31

Re: Crew for French Canals

Re: CREW FOR FRENCH CANALS

HELLO ME AND MY SON WILL BE INTERESTED TO DO RIVERS AND THE MED. WE LIKE TO DO THIS TRIP AND MORE AROUND EUROPE AND IT SEEMS IT ALL FIT IN. WE HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS TRIP SOMETIME NOW. WE'VE BEEN SAILING AROUND SYDNEY FOR SEVEN YEARS. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU, PLS PM ME. THANKS!

HERE IS my email address: pkudrfalec@hotmail.com

Old 15-12-2011, 15:37   #32

Boat: In between boat ownership

I wrote a couple of days ago and have not heard from you yet. I would like to join you for the canal trip and possibly a Med cruise as well. My sailing is from San Diego and Chesapeake bay and my boats have been a 37 Catalina and 27 Columbia with some sailing on Morgan 45. I'm a young and healthy 63, have traveled much of Europe but never on the canals...the boat sounds big enough to me and small enough to limit handling strain in the locks.

Regards,

Kim

Ph: 602-316-8368

Old 16-12-2011, 10:05   #33

Boat: Westerly Chieftain 8m
I'm posting this again as it seems some of you missed it first.
Seems like I have found my crew for my trip strange how life seems to always throw something in just when your not lookin. In the last couple of weeks met a new lady and has become part of my life big time. And she wants to travel (sail) we me. So I'd like to say thanks to everyone and I will keep you all informed on how we get on next year when we leave.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:00   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerly View Post
Crew Want French Canals

It maybe a bit early to place this add but I'd like to know if there's any interest.
Hi my name is Keith I'm 55 and I'm looking for crew for a French canal trip going south.
I live aboard my Westerly Chieftain, she's 26ft and well fitted out. For the last 5 years I'v sailed her solo. And at present we have a berth at Gravelines France.
In May 2012 I'm off heading south for the Med though the French canals. And would like to have one maybe two crew to help out. This is not going to be a rush trip. As I would like to see some of France too. (about 4 to 5 months) And as I intend to winter in the Sete area. And then go into the Med the following year 2013.
So if you don't mind the closeness of the smaller boat with your own cabin. Want to do France by the canals here's your chance.
Shared food costs.
I'd like to hear from you.
Hello Keith
John here,would like to do the french Canals, not a staight 4/5 month
leg tho. did the Atlantic in a Westerly Storm, work on Boats on the Norfolk broads,doing Volantary work for Nancy Oldfield trust .com
Im retired Chippy, builder, 71yrs no heath issues, non smoker, dinghy sail
a lot sound finances, will contribute,John1566@hotmail.co.uk
Regards John
Old 01-01-2012, 08:44   #35

Boat: mt34dt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerly View Post
I'm posting this again as it seems some of you missed it first.
Seems like I have found my crew for my trip strange how life seems to always throw something in just when your not lookin. In the last couple of weeks met a new lady and has become part of my life big time. And she wants to travel (sail) we me. So I'd like to say thanks to everyone and I will keep you all informed on how we get on next year when we leave.
Probably best to lock thread or have it removed. Have a great New Year with your new mate.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:17   #36

Boat: Cal-Jensen 34 w Yanmar 3
Send a message via Skype™ to sonAdmiralson

I can offer you fluent french, I lived there for years. I fit the description of äble bodied seaman, and have friends in france. I have quite a bit of mechanical and electrical experience. I could keep the bottom clean. I have sailed my whole life have my US sailing associatioin cert. capexco@hushmail.com
Old 29-01-2012, 03:35   #37

Hello,
I am from Istanbul Turkey. I am a 52 years young healthy man and I could be considered an experienced sailor. I have Coatal Cruising and Passage making Certificates. I have sailed around Eagean Sea several times. I am a US citizen and have no travel restrictions as far as visas are concerned. I can join you for a week or two during your trip plans for French Canals. I am a mechanical engineer with masters degree from U.S. Currently working for a US company in Istanbul. My e mail is talatpinarer@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you. My Best . . .
Talat Pinarer
Old 10-02-2012, 13:47   #38

Hi. Have you got crew for your canal trip yet? I have been waiting for long time to sail, eat, drink and explore France; exactly what you are intending! Single sailor, 57, lots of crewing experience.
Old 17-02-2012, 23:31   #39

Greetings...I just joined this site as I'm a passionate traveller who loves adventure and this sounds like it would be awesome. I may be interested in joining you for a period of time if you're looking to change things up a bit. I would be available after June 3rd or so. I don't have much experience but spent a few weeks on a boat in the Whitsunday's several years ago. I'm a great traveller and make good company and love French wines and cheese!!

Let's chat if you think I might fit with the program cheers Linda
Old 17-02-2012, 23:36   #40

wow I guess I'd better get with the program...just noticed your post that says you're no longer looking...well there goes that adventure...hope you have a fantastic time!!!
Old 18-02-2012, 03:33   #41
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moresealegs View Post
wow I guess I'd better get with the program...just noticed your post that says you're no longer looking...well there goes that adventure...hope you have a fantastic time!!!
My bet is that OP is now sorted for crew - until he isn't , so I wouldn't give up hope that circumstances may change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I suspect this thread will be a bit of a slow burn........
Clearly I do have the power of 2nd sight .
Old 20-02-2012, 14:16   #42

I'm interested in at least part of the trip!! Anything after about early or mid May.

I actually considered a trip through the canals of the UK with a larger boat. Dismissed the idea when I decided any boat I considered practical for my use, would likely not be practical for the canals!

Gary
Old 24-02-2012, 03:35   #43

Keith,

I am interested in the trip. My availability might not be until June however.

I have experience both sailing, and cruising through inland waterways, and

the intercoastal in USA. Looking forward to hearing back and

communicating further about the trip!

Kevin

syrensisglum@yahoo.com
Old 17-03-2012, 14:39   #44

Hi, are you still looking for another hand? I don't have any sailing experience yet, but I would love to learn! I am traveling around Europe until June or July, and I could easily meet up with you for part of your trip. Hope to hear from you!
Old 19-03-2012, 14:42   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle

Seeing as the OP has solved the crew problem, and there seems to have developed some contention, I have deleted some posts and closed the thread.

Please remember to be respectful when posting in the future.