Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2013, 01:26   #1

Boat: Hanse 505 14.85mt
Send a message via Yahoo to Hanse Sailor Send a message via Skype™ to Hanse Sailor
pirate Crew for Baltic 2014

Update.....I will now take delivery of a new Hanse 505 in Northern Germany and then sail around the Baltic before moving south to Holland, France, Northern Spain and then to England during summer 2014

Looking for company from congenial, easy going persons or couples who would like to sail for a for a month or sometime during the summer between visits from my friends .

No experience required but a navigator / radio operator would be great. If you want to just come along for the lifestyle and the scenery that's ok too. There are 2 double cabins available.

Getting from wherever you are to / from the boat will be your responsibility and cost. Shared food / fuel / drinks cost when on board (budget for 50 euro / day / person).

I am an Australian male 59, relaxed, great cook, experienced traveler and enjoy life and new experiences. The boat will be new( still smelling like a new car) well equipped and very comfortable. Send me a PM if interested in learning more.
Old 07-09-2013, 21:38   #2

Re: Crew for Baltic 2014

Hi aaandy,

My wife and I would be interested in your proposal for 4 or 5 weeks during the summer of 2014. We are from Yukon, Canada.
Old 08-09-2013, 00:19   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Hanse Sailor Send a message via Skype™ to Hanse Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgelinas View Post
Hi aaandy,

My wife and I would be interested in your proposal for 4 or 5 weeks during the summer of 2014. We are from Yukon, Canada.
Hi, Just waiting to see if this Cruise of the Baltic goes ahead.
News articles from World Cruising Club: ARC Baltic=

I would like to join in if it does. Andy
Old 10-09-2013, 04:29   #4

Hi Andy,

if ARC Baltic really takes place, i am interested to join maybe the complete 8 weeks. 45 years old male, living in Germany, not much experience but enthusiastic going sailing.

I did my sailing license (SKS) this year / around 600 NM until now.

Would be great to be updated on you plan!

Thanks

Arnd
Old 10-09-2013, 05:10   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnd View Post
Hi Andy,

if ARC Baltic really takes place, i am interested to join maybe the complete 8 weeks. 45 years old male, living in Germany, not much experience but enthusiastic going sailing.

I did my sailing license (SKS) this year / around 600 NM until now.

Would be great to be updated on you plan!

Thanks

Arnd
Hi Arnd , great to hear from you. Baltic Rally for 2014 is high on my list and am just waiting to see if the Rally is going ahead. Should know in the next 4 weeks. Thanks Andy
Old 10-09-2013, 05:23   #6

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

If the Baltic ARC doesn't work out, contact me. I work for the Danish Sailing Association and will be leading an informal rally non-stop from Copenhagen to Riga (approx 3 days at sea), then returning over the next month along the Latvian, Estonian, Lituanian, Polish, German coasts.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
Old 21-09-2013, 01:40   #7

Hi Andy,

Email from WCC. ARC Baltic is confirmed. :-)

" Dear Arnd**The countdown to the Cruise has begun!*We've had a great response to our announcement of the new ARC Baltic Rally in summer of 2014, with over 200 interested sailors from around the world keen to join this unique rally.*Rally Dates Confirmed*The rally dates are now confirmed as 5 July to 17 August and the departure port as Shilksee Marina in Kiel, Germany.* Our route will take boats on to Estonia, Russia, Finland, Sweden and Denmark over six weeks finishing at Mön in Denmark with a final party on 17 August.*Registration opens on Friday 27 September*We are busy preparing all the key rally information and putting the finishing touches to the new ARC Baltic webpages, ready for launch on Friday 27 September.**Places are limited to 25 boats, so do look out for our opening announcement email next Friday so that you can register your boat.*Have a great weekend.*Happy sailing!*Jeremy Wyatt*"

Arnd
Old 21-09-2013, 02:53   #8

Update They have announced the Baltic rally with a limit of 25 boats starting in July 2014 for 6 weeks. Are you still interested and would you be doing the whole 6 weeks?

http://www.worldcruising.com/newsarticle.aspx?page=S635065609888164994&ArchiveI D=1&CategoryID=190&ItemID=225450&src

Thanks Andy
Old 25-09-2013, 11:45   #9

pirate Re: Crew for Baltic 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaandy View Post
Update They have announced the Baltic rally with a limit of 25 boats starting in July 2014 for 6 weeks. Are you still interested and would you be doing the whole 6 weeks?

http://www.worldcruising.com/newsarticle.aspx?page=S635065609888164994&ArchiveI D=1&CategoryID=190&ItemID=225450&src

Thanks Andy
Hi Andy,
it seems to be an interesting trip and me and my son (12) are curious to accompany you for a while. I don't know if You would take a child with You but he did the navigation when I took him with me and he operated the motor (outboard), so he is really good!

Although I am a little bit mistrustful to the ship. If I were You, I would not plan to take the ship and just start to sail the Baltic ARC.

We sailed with our small boat on the Baltic in the summers of the last years and one time we started in Greifswald where the Hanse is built. It is almost in front of our home, the Baltic. We met some Hanse-ships and we heard of some "teething troubles" because there were to many ships built to fast...One had troubles with the helm (I hope You understand what I mean, my English is not that good) and they were waiting to be towed from somebody. I don't want to say that it is not a good ship, but be careful at the beginning.

Nice to hear of You

Christiane
Old 02-10-2013, 18:09   #10

[QUOTE=aaandy;1326436]Update.....I will now take delivery of a new Hanse 505 in Northern Germany and then sail around the Baltic before moving south to Holland, France, Northern Spain and then to England during summer 2014

Looking for company from congenial, easy going persons or couples who would like to sail for a for a month or sometime during the summer between visits from my friends .

No experience required but a navigator / radio operator would be great. If you want to just come along for the lifestyle and the scenery that's ok too. There are 2 double cabins available.

Getting from wherever you are to / from the boat will be your responsibility and cost. Shared food / fuel / drinks cost when on board (budget for 50 euro / day / person).

Update. I have joined the ARC Baltic Rally starting in Kiel July 6 and finishing in Copenhagen on August 18.

I have 1 double cabin left for crew sharing. 490 euro per week per person all included. Only other expenses are your personal expenses. Send me a Pm if interested. Be quick as all other spaces are filled.
https://www.worldcruising.com/arc_ba...Itinerary.aspx

Starting from the Baltic port of Kiel, the home of German sailing, the ARC Baltic itinerary includes the Estonian capital Tallin, the former Russian Imperial capital St. Petersburg, the Finnish capital Helsinki, the Finnish provincial capital Mariehamn, the Swedish capital Stockholm, and the Danish capital Copenhagen. En route, the rally sails through some of the most beautiful and interesting sights in the Baltic.

Over six weeks the rally will sail close to 1600 nautical miles, with an itinerary that allows flexibility for the prevailing weather encountered.
Old 13-10-2013, 04:09   #11

https://www.worldcruising.com/arc_ba...Itinerary.aspx

Starting from the Baltic port of Kiel, the home of German sailing, the ARC Baltic itinerary includes the Estonian capital Tallin, the former Russian Imperial capital St. Petersburg, the Finnish capital Helsinki, the Finnish provincial capital Mariehamn, the Swedish capital Stockholm, and the Danish capital Copenhagen. En route, the rally sails through some of the most beautiful and interesting sights in the Baltic.

Update. ARC Baltic Rally starting in Kiel July 6 .

1 cabin for 2 crew left for Kiel to St Petersberg over 2o days. Crew Contribution while in the Rally would be 70 euro per day per person to cover the rally fees ,fuel and food.

PM if interested. Andy
Old 15-10-2013, 12:14   #12

Update. ARC Baltic Rally starting in Kiel July 6 .

1 cabin for 2 crew left for Kiel to St Petersberg over 2o days. Crew Contribution while in the Rally would be 70 euro per day per person to cover the rally fees ,fuel and food.

PM if interested. Andy[/QUOTE]

Will be at Hanse Factory checking on the building of the Hanse 505 October 28/2013
Hanse 505
Old 04-11-2013, 02:07   #13

[QUOTE=Hanse Sailor;1365649]Update. ARC Baltic Rally starting in Kiel July 6 .

PM if interested. Andy

www.hansesailor.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4_3b1e5864c1.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	69827   Click image for larger version

Name:	hanse505-interior-1-700.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	69828  

Old 04-11-2013, 02:11   #14

Boat: Contest 36'

Is this a charter or a crewing opportunity?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:18   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindLove View Post
Is this a charter or a crewing opportunity?

Hi . This is a crewing opportunity. I have room for 6 on board and have joined the ARC Baltic Rally which runs for 42 days from July 6 to August 18.

Thanks Hanse Sailor

Tags
baltic, crew