Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 10:42   #1

Talking Crew Available anytime after 11-5-14

My name is Bill Potter and I'm a 48 year old man in excellent shape. My sailing experience is limited but I retired at 46 because I work hard, learn fast and I'm highly motivated.

My goal is to get as much experience as possible in the next 3-6 months before I buy a sailboat of my own for blue water cruising.

My sailing experience is limited to a small boat my family had when I was a child and an 8 day trip on a 36' Catalina I just crewed on off the coast of California. The Captain of the sailboat I was on will give me a strong recommendation I believe.

I'm level headed, easy going, have learned not to stress, funny (I crack myself up I'm so funny), was taught to be self sufficient and that we can achieve anything with lots of hard work. I don't have any phobias, will eat pretty much anything and while I love beer (and wine) I typically have two and very rarely have more than 3 beers/glasses. I do not do drugs.

Growing up in Napa Valley, I'm excellent on the BBQ, good on a stove or oven but I can make the best fish tacos you have ever had.

I've spent a lot of time at sea in fishing boats and I'm an excellent fisherman.

I'm looking for sailboats (don't care about the number of hulls) and blue water experience. Any trip longer than three weeks I'll pay my airfare to and from the location.

If you can use me please let me know. Being retired, I'm very flexible on time.

Thanks for reading,

Bill
Old 03-11-2014, 05:11   #2

Re: Crew Available anytime after 11-5-14

Hello Bill,

Originally from California, Im in Puerto Rico on a 47' catamaran headed for Belize, Guatemala, Panama, Hawaii, Vancouver then south to Mexico and beyond. Need crew, more details to follow. send email phone number if interested.

Carlos
Old 03-11-2014, 06:24   #3

Bill,

Sorry, here's my email:

c.rios@documentcontrol.com
Old 09-11-2014, 19:09   #4

Boat: 1999, hunter 340

Good Day Bill, I am Jim
52 yo Canadian heading south to Cabo on our 1999 hunter 340. I am leaving Coos Bay Oregon on the 15th of Nov.with plans to meet my wife in Cabo on the 15th of Dec.
I had a commitment from a friend to crew, but life has interfered with that.
I am prepared to Solo down, but would prefer not to. I can arrange to bring some Canadian beer if you can manage the California wine.
Email me so we can discuss more.
jaclark@live.ca

Cheers
Jim

Tags
crew, crew available