Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 14:21   #1

Boat: 2001 Hunter 460
Couple willing to crew

We are an inexperienced crew, willing to crew in exchange for a trip to the Caribbean... I have many years experience with gas and diesel motors the female would be willing to do some cooking..... able and ready... Brad & Jeranda

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 09-07-2014, 17:29   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator
Re: Couple willing to crew

A couple of posts have been deleted. Let's keep it civil and courteous if you will.

Coops.
Old 15-07-2014, 18:44   #3

Boat: Challenger Ketch 50
Send a message via Skype™ to phlbob7

Tell me more about yourselves. Experience, what you expect. I'm in America Samoa and will be heading to Tonga, Fiji, and then New Zealand . I can be reached at phlbob7@yahoo.com. My boat is a 50 ft ketch Bob
Old 15-07-2014, 19:59   #4

Hi Bob, .... pretty straight forward, my gf is early 30s, great cook, friendly and sociable, well read with no experience at sea. I am 50, professional in financial services which provides a lot of freedom for us both, former Marine, spent many years cattle ranching, really not a motor that I can't work on, formal training in electricity and electronics, Microsoft certified, resourceful, well spoken. ... parents owned two sailboats growing up in tje 35 foot range but can't say I have much experience. . One thing I can say for myself is if I was looking for a capable hand I would pick me hope that helps

Old 15-07-2014, 20:13   #5

Can you do Skype? If so what is your skype name. We have something in common. Semper Fi.
Old 15-07-2014, 20:14   #6

Use my regular email. phlbob7@yahoo.com
Old 15-07-2014, 23:39   #7

If you replied to my messages, like they said you did, I sure can't find it. I have the devils own time trying to use this crew site. So if interested please use my regular email thanks Bob
Old 20-07-2014, 19:52   #8

Semper Fi. Day sailing out of Daytona right now getting ready for keys and Bahamas. Posted before but would love to sail with fellow Marine. If you know of any Marine vets in Daytona area let me know.
Old 20-07-2014, 20:45   #9

It is a little hard over here in American Samoa to find crew in Daytona. Bob
Old 21-07-2014, 12:22   #10

We would be interested

Old 21-07-2014, 17:48   #11

Let's start using regular email. phlbob7@yahoo.com When could you get here? Make sure your luggage is soft so that it can be folded up. No place on boat for anything else. Unless you don't mind sleeping with it. Keep in mind It is warm here and everybody wears shorts and while around the boat not even a t shirt. Shirt is only worn when going to town. Flip flops are the shoes of preference. On the boat no shoes. Sun screen until you get to be baked brown. Make sure your daily limit on your debit card is increased and they know where you are going. Mine is $1500. Daily. Just a few tips that I learned the hard way. While the boat is underway your email will be wdd3785@sailmail.com. It comes in over the ham radio. So you won't be able to receive or send attachments. But you will have communications with family and friends. Hawaiian Airlines flies into American Samoa. I'm sure other questions will come to mind. But this will give you a start. One other thing I'm sure I mentioned it before but to make sure, no booze on the boat. It is a dry boat. When we get to port that is another ball game. The only thing I ask is no excessive drinking and no drinking the day before we leave. Smoking is another thing that is not allowed.. Be sure to ask any questions you may have. It is better to clear the air now that do it later. One other thing that is at the top of the list. HAVE FUN. That is what this is all about.

Do you have a Skype account? If not you may want to get that set up. It is a god send. If you don't know about it you can call anyone for free if they have an account. If not you can call them at a very reasonable cost. Actually pennies.
Which brings us to phone a phone call. Send me you cell phone and I will call you at no cost to you.
Barnacle Bob
Old 04-08-2014, 05:31   #12

Aloha
I am departing Maryland in September for Savanah where i will wait out the hurricane season. after that i will be traveling to the west coast over a few months of exploring. bahamas, jamaica, columbia, canal, mexico and west coast usa. if interested call or write designsailor@hotmail.com 503-333-0695.
doug

][/B][/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucamonday View Post
We are an inexperienced crew, willing to crew in exchange for a trip to the Caribbean... I have many years experience with gas and diesel motors the female would be willing to do some cooking..... able and ready... Brad & Jeranda

Old 04-08-2014, 08:01   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucamonday View Post

would you consider helping me with my trip from Seattle to Florida via Panama in my 30 ft cruising catamaran. I have a spare double cabin. I plan to stop in the US, Mexico, etc so you could join the boat for a portion of the trip. I plan to leave Seattle mid September.
Eric
425 424 2173
eric42p@frontier.com
Old 08-08-2014, 07:06   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkyave View Post
Semper Fi. Day sailing out of Daytona right now getting ready for keys and Bahamas. Posted before but would love to sail with fellow Marine. If you know of any Marine vets in Daytona area let me know.
Would love to talk with you about sailing out of Daytona... Brad 970-405-1657
Old 09-08-2014, 22:53   #15

if you want to consider Greece....call or write..

the boat is a 2013 Lagoon 450 Cat.....

cell 8085611199 email dtarrin@hotmail.com

Tags
crew