Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 13:43   #1

Couple Wanted for Land Yacht Opportunity

Want to be a Land Lubber for a bit? This is a great opportunity for a cruising couple to go ashore for a while and crew a double decker barbecue bus! Having worked on and owned a yacht in years past, we thought we would explore the possibilities of seeking an experienced chef and host/ess yacht crew to join our promotional tour bus roadshow to cook and demonstrate throughout the UK and Ireland this summer.

We have refit a British double decker bus into a traveling barbecue platform showcasing the best range of culinary possibilities the UK has to offer cooked over flame. We visit some of the best food providers, celebrity chefs, and food festivals in the country.

We are hoping to find an experienced and capable couple (or single chef) who is able to hit the road on our mobile tour, is good with people, and ready to try a land based yacht experience for a while. Please email for more info.
Old 01-05-2012, 17:33   #2

Boat: Looking for Cat. between 32-40ft to sail around the world From Florida startn 2012.
Re: Couple wanted for Land Yacht Opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by land yacht View Post
Want to be a Land Lubber for a bit? This is a great opportunity for a cruising couple to go ashore for a while and crew a double decker barbecue bus! Having worked on and owned a yacht in years past, we thought we would explore the possibilities of seeking an experienced chef and host/ess yacht crew to join our promotional tour bus roadshow to cook and demonstrate throughout the UK and Ireland this summer.

We have refit a British double decker bus into a traveling barbecue platform showcasing the best range of culinary possibilities the UK has to offer cooked over flame. We visit some of the best food providers, celebrity chefs, and food festivals in the country.

We are hoping to find an experienced and capable couple (or single chef) who is able to hit the road on our mobile tour, is good with people, and ready to try a land based yacht experience for a while. Please email for more info.
Hi, originally from Wales Uk but have lived in New Zealand for 10 years, we own our own PDQ 36 Cat & are at present in Florida, we will probably be heading to the Bahamas where we intend to store our boat & head to the UK to see family, I have management qualifications along with Baking & catering my partner is also management with Barrista /restaurant bar/Cafe qualifications please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further info. Thanks Andy & Sonja
Old 07-05-2012, 16:13   #3

Re: Couple Wanted for Land Yacht Opportunity

Wow!
Sounds like an amazing opportunity.
My partner and myself are experienced yacht industry professionals.
Tory is a qualified chef an I am a skipper, yet an avid braaier (Braai being South African Barbeque)
I have a valid Dutch passport and Tory has the necessary working visas.
We are currently in Australia on a road trip but always keen for new work opportunities.
My email address is bovanderzanden@yahoo.com if you want to contact us.
Best regards, Bo and Tory

Tags
barbecue, chef, yacht, wanted