Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:21   #1

Couple available for transat to carribean or similar in sept 2013

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are looking to help crew a sailing boat across the atlantic at the end of this summer,perhaps September or Octtober 2013.

Between us we have a fair bit of experience with both sailing and motor yachts.

We are 26 and 27 years old and sadly english speaking only, but lamely try to pick up languages where we travel. We are hard working and enthusiastic and keen to learn new skills as we go.

My name is Rob Woodward, I have worked in the Med for a Summer largely on motor yachts of around 80ft, including deliveries in the Med, and around the south coast of the UK. I have my STCW95 ticket, as well as day skipper theory. I have been dinghy sailing for over 10 years, and 5 years ago moved to yacht sailing with a bit of racing, but largely cruising and day sailing. My other passion is kitesurfing and I am constantly watching for when the wind get up. My girlfriend Laura's father has a 40ft beneatuex oceanis and she has acquired competent crew skills during family sailing holidays. We have both spent a lot of time in and around the water, so no sea sickness fears here.

We have both taught in the UK in secondary schools for 3 years teaching physical education and design technology, and have just spent 6 months travelling and volunteering in india teaching English.

We are aiming to get to Australia ultimately to teach out there, and this is a big passion of both of ours to sail some or all of the way.

We would be happy with work as deckhands, stewardess or delivery crew, paid or working passage preferred.

I terms of destinations, we are very flexible. We will be back in the UK this summer so departing in Europe preferred, destination... Carribean? Mexico? USA? South America? OZ?

We would love to hear from you or someone you know who might be interested pm us.

Kind regards
Rob