Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-04-2011, 07:19   #1

Connecticut to Hilton Head - Early to Mid May, 2011

Looking for crew to sail a Mariner 32 from Connecticut to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Will be leaving right after Mothers Day. Will be sailling offshore most of the way. Should l take about a week. Not a paid position but all expenses paid for during voyage, can possibly help with transportation back to your homeport! Thanks for looking!
Old 27-04-2011, 07:53   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40
Re: Connecticut to Hilon Head - Early to Mid May, 2011

I may be able to assist with this sailing, although I will need to confirm the dates once determined (and weather allowance). I am a 52 year old man in good physical condition with a lifetime of boating, yachting and sailing experience. I am certified for all conditions of sailing, inclusive of inclement weather, blue water, etc.. I have thousands of hours in sailboats predominantly in the 27' to 47' range, both monohull and multi. My resume is available if you are interested. Thanks, Mitch (o2basailor)
Old 27-04-2011, 15:04   #3

Boat: Catalina 25 Tall Rig
Re: Connecticut to Hilon Head - Early to Mid May, 2011

Hey,
My name is Jack. Im 20 and my university semester will be up second week in May, and I think i might be able to help if you are interested. I have been sailing since I was very young, about 6. I race competitively and also have a cruiser (Catalina 25T).
During the Summer, I will live back home in Augusta,GA (not far from hilton head) and wouldnt be difficult to return home. I would enjoy the experience. I have been looking on here for some longer adventures, but I have to start somewhere. My email is sailorasc@aim.com. Thanks.
Old 29-04-2011, 07:19   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by osheill
Looking for crew to sail a Mariner 32 from Connecticut to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Will be leaving right after Mothers Day. Will be sailling offshore most of the way. Should l take about a week. Not a paid position but all expenses paid for during voyage, can possibly help with transportation back to your homeport! Thanks for looking!
I sent you a response of my potential availability. Can you please provide some information?

What is the age of the boat and condition?

What equipment is on board?

What is your experience and the experience of any other crew members? Does this experience include blue water?

Have you made this trip/route before?

Additionally, I have a friend I have raced and sailed with for nearly 25 years who may also be interested in helping. He and his wife own a Beneteau 43. He is very experienced and well trained. Like me, he is also blue water certified, as well as being a nice guy. If you are interested, I can ask him to send his resume.

Thanks, Mitch
Mhughes@ DSi-engineering.com

Tags
head