Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2014, 13:47   #1

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40
Chesapeake Bay multihull sailing beginning June 20

Do you want to experience a trimaran or just need to log some days towards your license? We might be a good fit. I have a beautiful Condor-40 that will launch out of Georgetown Yacht Basin (MD) mid June. My plan is to solo sail and explore the bay from about June 20 through the end of July. And I would consider having an additional person aboard for some portions. Especially from June 20 for a week or more as I do my shake down runs.

JAZ had extensive service completed this winter including removal and rebuild of the Yanmar 3GM and Sail Drive along with installation of a new Raymarine Autopilot and Garmin AIS to compliment the Garmin 740 chart plotter.

My wife and I sailed JAZ down from Buzzards bay last fall and the boat/motor performed wonderfully. Double digit speeds are easy to come by. My wife will not be joining me until later in July this season. This is a non-paid crew position (transportation or daily fee) and I will ask my crew to contribute towards daily expenses we incur together like food and mooring fees but not to include maintenance/repair fees if we have any. You should expect to participate in the daily upkeep of the boat which could be a great learning opportunity. I have a USCG 100T license with sail/tow endorsements and I will share my knowledge with whom ever joins. I have extensive racing/cruising experience with plenty of Hawaii offshore under my belt.

No smoking and no drugs aboard. However a glass of wine or beer once securely anchored is part of the enjoyment of sailing. This Condor-40 has wonderful bunks but is by no means a luxury liner. She was designed as an OSTAR racer. She has everything you need and nothing you don't. Equipment on board includes: stove, icebox, toilet w/holding tank, diesel & water tanks, Inflatable & 3.3 Merc, and full compliment of electronics.

Easiest point of access is Baltimore BWI airport. Best way to contact me is by phone/text at: (808 seven seven two 2133) Hawaii time. Aloha from Hawaii
Old 29-05-2014, 10:49   #2

Re: Chesapeake Bay multihull sailing beginning June 20

Opportunities still open to get aboard a wonderful trimaran to explore the bay. My contact info is in prior post. Chris L
Old 29-05-2014, 19:53   #3

Boat: hunting for one

PM sent
Old 04-06-2014, 08:59   #4

Thank you to the sailors I've connected with. I now have some excellent candidates for all the weekends in June. Some weekdays still open. If you want to experience a quick trimaran I'm still considering July to welcome crew aboard. Text or phone me at 808 seven seven two 2133.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:47   #5

Boat: Osprey Canyon Runner 26"

Hi Captain
Ive been up and down the bay through the c&d canal down the Delaware Bay to the ocean. I'v got thousands of hours on my latest boat a no nonsense hard core fishing boat Osprey Canyon Runner 26ft Im not afraid of working on the vessel we always would do what we could when we were underway especially when the wind wasn't so cooperative. Never sailed a multihall and your vessel sounds particularly fast nice. I know my way around the bay and have no issues in rough water conditions I don't panic. I always expected my crew to follow my instructions no questions and I will do the same for my captain. I take boating very seriously I don't boat intoxicated much less impaired. 10 4 on a beer anchored. I will say my money is tight I would need to know an approximate amount I would be required to contribute. Your dates are fine with my schedule. If not this trip maybe some other time
I can be reached at mcar26969@gmail.com 443 871-5482

Regards

Mario
Old 21-06-2014, 16:03   #6

Boat: hunting for one

Chris

Had a blast out on your beautiful boat today.

Passing that monohull in light wind was the cherry on top. Thanks for sharing the day and your boat. Hopefully we can connect again before you leave the area.

Fernando

Tags
chesapeake bay, hull, multihull, sail, sailing