Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2015, 11:16   #1

Casual sailing, Greece

Hi

I have space to share my strictly casual sailing around Greece this year.

Initially Ionian (for April) and then Saronics from September.

If you would like to join me for a few days or a week or so then get in touch.
Laid back sailing, no extremists/nutters/racists/bigots/etc (you know who you are).

Single or couple, sailing experience desirable but not essential. Ability to not fall overboard preferred.

Share costs.

Hahser
Old 28-03-2015, 11:49   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Casual sailing, Greece

Hello Hahser,
Let's initiate a dialog. This sounds like a perfect fit for myself and wife.
Would it be possible to bring our 6 year old son (he has been sailing with us in San Francisco)?
We are both ASA certified; I have much off-shore, weather and navigation experience. I look forward to meeting you.
Need details on your boat, planned trip, and your CV as well.
Cheers,
Jeff
Old 28-03-2015, 15:52   #3

Boat: Seawind 1160

Hi Hahser. We're going to be in Mykonos and then Santorini in late May. What will you be sailing on? I'm an experienced sailor with a lengthy CV, but currently missing sailing as we moved from Seattle to London and I had to sell my boat 12 months ago. Anyway, we'd love to sail with you. Similar to Jeff, I have a 6 year old. He's a good deck hand, having grown up on boats since he was born.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 02-04-2015, 08:47   #4

Good day Hahser,
My name is Humam. I'm a 51-year-old male living in San Diego California. I will be coming to Santorini Greece the end of July through the first couple days of August. For a friends wedding. I would like to sail either before the wedding or after the wedding in Greece. My sailing experience includes many small boats when I was younger the transatlantic ARC rally three years ago. Last summer three weeks sailing The Adriatic. I'm also a chef and a outdoorsman, who loves to fish. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2015, 13:24   #5

Hi*there I'm 43 years old male in great shape and perfect health. I just saw your post looking for a crew. *I have experienced sailing around Cape Cod on my Catalina 22 for the last few years. I can navigate very well and hold a course *I had take couple navegation and safety courses with the coast guard here in Boston. I know my way around a sail boat and I have sea legs ready. I'm a great cook, *very clean , and I know how to catch fish and cooked. *I speak Spanish, *Italian and little french. I follow orders and i hate to sleep. I love red wine and i don't eat red meat. I'm *looking to gain some sea experience and keep growing as a sailor and in due time do what you are doing sail around the world. *Good luck on your trip be safe and I hope to heard from you at swimer22@yahoo.com

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 13-04-2015, 11:22   #6
Marine Service Provider

Hello Hahser, (2nd contact...please let me know status)
Very interested in Crewing for the Greek Isles. We are a crew party of 2 (and 1/2): Myself, wife and our 6 year old son. Experience varies: our 6 year old Jack has been out several times in SF Bay. Carrie (wife) has completed ASA 101-103 and will have 104 and 114 by August. We charter in the SF bay regularly. Myself, I have been sailing since I was 8 years old in Hawaii... I have been up and down the west coast, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Canal & West Caribbean. I am working on building sail-days for my Captain's License. Our goal is to buy our own boat... and sail the Caribbean and Greek Islands... So, your trip would be perfect to get our feet wet. Let me know if you want more details, CV, references, etc... I would like to have many details about yourself, the boat and the other crew members. I look forward to a discussion with you. Please PM contact info.
Jeff
Old 14-04-2015, 03:16   #7

Boat: Hallberg Rassy
Send a message via Skype™ to oceanis393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahser View Post
Hi

I have space to share my strictly casual sailing around Greece this year.

Initially Ionian (for April) and then Saronics from September.

If you would like to join me for a few days or a week or so then get in touch.
Laid back sailing, no extremists/nutters/racists/bigots/etc (you know who you are).

Single or couple, sailing experience desirable but not essential. Ability to not fall overboard preferred.

Share costs.

Hahser
Dear Hasher: what boat, which destination after the Saronics?
Thanks, Regards, Klaus
Old 18-04-2015, 00:38   #8

Casual sailing, Greece

Hi, I would like to join you for a week or two. I have day sailor and VHF cert . Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1429342682.210748.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	100623
I am flexible with times
Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 20-04-2015, 07:21   #9

Hi Hahser,
interested in joining you, couple, very experienced. Please check out my profile.
Thanks and regards
davidsh
Old 20-04-2015, 13:51   #10

We are interested in your sailing opportunity. I have co-captained a 42 Lagoon (cat) from Savannah to Georgetown Bahamas (4 months), a 40 Beneteau from Key West to Cuba (3 weeks), a 36 Columbia from Hamilton Ontario to Nova Scotia, with 10 locks (5 weeks) and some other trips in Trinidad and Brazil. We also have sailed the Great Lakes. I have Bare Boat certification and a bunch of other certificates such as VHF, weather, and navigation. I am very safety conscious, but love to have fun and enjoy life - and don't smoke or use drugs. We are both musicians, and I used to be a professional photographer and filmmaker. We are retired, fit and healthy and have interests in nutrition and health. We have also run numerous film festivals in Canada and Central America since retiring - we have a library of films.

My wife is the happiest person I know or have ever met (former teacher). She is a GREAT cook (Competent Crew certified) and a great person. She and I speak enough Spanish to muddle through most situations. We have spent the last 4 winters (6 months each) in Costa Rica with trips to Nicaragua and Panama. We can provide references if necessary.

I would love to talk and hear more about your plans. Please contact us if you are interested in going forward. paul-at-paulweigel-point-com

Paul and Margaret
Old 28-04-2015, 02:38   #11

Boat: 1978 Cal 39 MKII Tall Mast

Just what my girlfriend and I are looking for! I live on my Cal 39 in Hawaii and am not quite prepared to sail to Greece to enjoy all it has to offer. However, hopping on a boat on location would be perfect!

I have plenty of experience sailing across the channels of Hawaii, sail at least twice per week and absolutely love sailing (as opposed to motoring around with just the main up.)

My girlfriend is Japanese, also loves to sail, and is a great cook, adventurous, and amazing in every way

I'm 34, she's 30, both happy and motivated and can go with the flow, destination wise. Our only requirement is to get back to the airport in time for our departure.

We only have two weeks available, so maybe just a few short legs or one long one would be feasible. Late June is our time frame.

Message me if it looks like a fit or for more details. About me and my boat is on my website:

Sailor's Life For Me | 1978 Cal 39 MkII Sailboat – Liveaboard
Old 03-05-2015, 02:12   #12

Hello Hahser,

Sounds like a great trip, and pretty sure I don't tick any of the criteria (nutter, racist etc ha ha).

I'd like to know more about the boat, and what dates you had in mind. Currently I'm unavailable until the 2nd week of June, but after then I am good to go. Based in Barcelona, it's no problem to get out to Greece.

I'm a recently qualified Day Skipper and also hold my Power Boat Level 2 licence. At this moment I am looking to build up miles towards my Yacht Master. Send me a message and I can send you my full CV and references.

Speak to you soon,

James
Old 16-05-2015, 03:45   #13

interested!
Old 19-05-2015, 01:34   #14

My wife and I plan to be in Athens from June 10 to June 23 when we return to San Francisco. Sailing for a week or so sounds better than our current plan of visiting some islands via ferry. We lived aboard our 37' Irwin for a decade, sailing her to Hawaii and back and then to Mexico, so we have some experience. We are presently riding our bicycles in Italy on our way to Athens. Contact me at joeledbetter at hotmail if you think we would be good candidates.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 19-05-2015, 09:00   #15

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates

Hahser - we will be sailing thru Greece this year also -- we will cross over from Albania to Corfu in July then thru the canal and then wander thru the isl west to east and eventually to someplace in turkey to winter over.

what is the name of your boat -- we sail a jeanneau ds40 flying a usa flag and named soulmates -- if you see us 1st sundowner on us.

Tags
Greece, sail, sailing