Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 09:56   #1

Boat: Amel Super Maramu
Send a message via Skype™ to dokvals
Caribbean Sailing November, December 2011

Hi,

Looking for crew to sail 40ft sailing vessel from Trinidad to Antigua. Will depart Trinidad in early November. Some cost and expense sharing expected. One can join for week or two, or join for the entire trip. Boat crossed Atlantic ocean in 2010.
If interested mail to slavko@slavkod.com

Regards, Slavko
Old 03-09-2011, 10:10   #2

Caribbean Sailing - November and December, 2011

Hello,

I am looking for crew to sail 40ft sailing vessel from Trinidad to Antigua. Some contribution is expected. One can join for shorter or longer period of time. There wil be no more then 3 people on board. I am 56, sailing for 20 years, in 2010 crossed the Atlantic ocean.

Thank you for replies.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:28   #3

Re: Carribean sailing November, December 2011

Morning Dokvals.....Just a few questions about your trip......
-what dates are you looking at?
-what contributions are expected? And can you give approx. $$ figure
-are you willing to take on/teach novice crew?

thank you
Old 04-09-2011, 07:48   #4

Hi,

I will arrive to Trinidad on 2nd of November. Plan is to sail to Grenada sometime 7-9 of November. We have to be in Antigua on 20 of December, as I fly home for Cristmas and New Years. All the rest is flexibile and depends on crew. For the time avaliable and distance to be sailed it not demanding.
Contribution is food, drinks, adminstratioj cost, marinas (if any) and small fee for boat that depends on exprience, time.....It is much less than that one would charter a boat.

The only longer period on see will be distance from Trinidad to Grenada. Rest is island hoping. I can handle boat by myself. If one would like to join and learn sailing it imight be possible but I would need to know more about the person....

Hope it helps. Regads, Slavko
Old 07-09-2011, 14:48   #5

Re: Carribean Sailing November and December, 2011

I have some vacation time stacking up and would love to gain some more sailing experience. I only have a bit of experience on my 25' mcgreggor but I am quick to learn. Shoot me an email and we can see if its a good fit.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:13   #6

Hello to everyone!

My name's Denoel, I'm a 34 years old french traveller, looking for sailing experience.

I've worked 10 years as a self taught camera assistant, on movie sets, and decided 4 years ago to sell everything, pack a rucksack, move away. Many experiences in many places, that make me want to go further.

I'd like to start learning about sailing, but have almost no experience, further than 4 weeks shooting a movie on an aircraft carrier on the Mediterranean sea, and as a day by day tour guide assistant on whale watching trips on the ecuatorian coast.

My final goal is to join Thailand, from Central America, without flying at all.

So I'd better start learning sea skills now...

Anyway, I can cook pretty good, no affraid of working, doing night watches and helping out cleaning and stuff.

Anything you need to know, I'll be more than happy to give you more informations.

In the meantime, have a great day, y'all!

deno
Old 09-09-2011, 16:34   #7

little up!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:48   #8

Boat: prout,quest31&31feet
Send a message via AIM to ahaluk76 Send a message via MSN to ahaluk76 Send a message via Yahoo to ahaluk76 Send a message via Skype™ to ahaluk76
pirate Re: Carribean Sailing November and December, 2011

i do some sailing experiences in the southern turkey and i own my steel trawler yacht (5) years.i will buy my sailing yachts for sail around the world.i amm professional diver and spearfishing champion in my countrys.i would love to join your crews for sail and stay whit you for experiences...have a nice weeks.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:31   #9

Re: Caribbean Sailing - November and December, 2011

Hi we are Heather and Rob We own a marina and Houseboat and boat rental company in Ontario Canada. Our season is windind down. All of ours boats will be put away and winterized by the 15th of Octoberand completely close the company for the winter November to March We also owned a very busy restaurant. heather is a great cook. I do all my own maintence on my boats have restored
many boats very mechanical and a great sailor with lots of experience, not a big drinker, nor do we do drugs of any kind. Owned our businesses for 17 years We have many years of boating and sailing experience. Sailed in Canada since I was 10, also sailed in the Bahamas, Virgin Islands,
St. Martin, Sailed from St. Lucia to Grenada. We spend the
winters in the Caribbean,this Marina Lots of boating sailing
mechanical experience sailed with solo sailor from st lucia to
grenada two years ago did all the sailing been sailing since
10 owned marina 17 years we are mid 50 s close our
we have a Vila booked in Rodney Bay st. lucia for Jan 1 to
Feb 27 will pay our way flights help out with expenses been
a happily married couple for 29years are very easly to get
along with and have. great sense of humor, lots of common sense, good health, phycially fit and very finacially stable
Old 02-10-2011, 11:00   #10

Boat: L 34

Why can't you sail the boat yourself? What do you need crew for? Windward island hopping does not require crew.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:19   #11

Hallo Dockvals!
I'm Laura from Italy. Your proposal is good for me.
Maybe I have the experience you are looking for. Just have a look at my profile. The only thing that I want to ask you is if you will pay the flight from Italy to Trinidad. Let me know if you are interested.
Bye bye
Old 04-10-2011, 01:50   #12

Boat: Boatless

The French Islands are likely to define 'small fee for boat' as an unlicensed charter. They get very upset when you do that.

"Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often."
Old 06-10-2011, 00:11   #13

Hi... im Aaron, Th only sailing exp i have is hobie cats and a lil foam snark that i loved (surfing not included). I am at a place in my life to do what i want and would be interested in joining you
Old 07-10-2011, 22:34   #14

re: Caribbean November, December 2011

Slavko,

I may be interested. We are purchasing our own bluewater boat now and are planning for an extended adventure offshore beginning in the spring. In the meantime, I am looking for opportunities to gain offshore experience. I will be more available in late nov and december. Lets talk about your needs, and my available dates and we can go from there. sound good? I can also tell you more about me and my experience
best
Brian
Old 07-10-2011, 22:53   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyandbriguy
Slavko,

I may be interested. We are purchasing our own bluewater boat now and are planning for an extended adventure offshore beginning in the spring. In the meantime, I am looking for opportunities to gain offshore experience. I will be more available in late nov and december. Lets talk about your needs, and my available dates and we can go from there. sound good? I can also tell you more about me and my experience
best
Brian
Hi Brina,

I alredy have crew booked for Nov and Dec. Next stage is in Marc 2012 when I will sail north and in May cross Atlantic with ARC Europe.

Best regards,

Slavko

Tags
Caribbean, sailing