Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 00:50   #16

Re: Caribbean Cruise On A Cat, Nov '13 - July ' 14

hi..
I'm a young israeli sailor looking for a position as crew or skipper with you for the Caribbean season. i am a very experienced sailor that have sailed in all around the world. I am young and very hardworking ,positive and fun on any vessel .I share A big passion with the ocean ,and everything in it. i have all different types of skills (surf and kiteboarding instructor, fishing/ spearfishing and diving )for living ,working and having fun on board any vessel. I am in israel at the moment. I can be in November where you want..
Thanks
alon
alon.zucker12@gmail.com
Old 07-10-2013, 14:08   #17

Boat: C & C 32' 1984

interested, where will yoou be leaving from and will you be visiting Jamaica?
Old 09-10-2013, 13:26   #18

Hi there,

I am a 55 yo white female with plenty of sailing experience. I crewed from Fort Lauderdale to England in 1987. Actually, I started out on a boat from Ft. Lauderdale to Spain, but we were lost at sea for 15 days (I have stories) so I jumped ship in Bermuda and got on a great boat for a slick run to the Azores and then England. I have run out of water, food and lived through a really rough north Atlantic storm (my job was to run the boomed out jib into a cleat on the foredeck in forty foot swells). I have also sailed through Indonesia and the Greek Islands. Scariest of all of course were the weekend sails in New York harbor, where every 4th of July, someone T-bones another guy, or ends up as a hood ornament on a cruise ship.

I spent last winter on land in Mexico. I basically stayed in a screened in palapa, with an attached tent. After years in suburbia, I did that trip as a test, to see if I could still manage. I could. I drove from New Jersey to Mexico...alone...wouldn't try that again...and ended up looking after a friend's dogs on a very isolated piece of beach near Mahuhaul, close to the southernmost part of North America. I also travelled to Belize and Cuba.

I am well travelled, a good cook and a great storyteller. I am active and love SCUBA. Broke a knee skiing two years ago and have no interest in doing that again. I have been trying to sell my house and am sick of living in a museum, while I wait for a buyer.

Let me know if you want me to contact you directly.
Old 15-10-2013, 16:44   #19
Marine Service Provider

15 Oct update. I have had a cancellation, so the time over the holidays is available, 15 Dec to 6 Jan, take a little but not much give. If you wish to have more information get back to me.
Bruce

Tags
Caribbean, cruise, paracelle, rib