Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2012, 10:48   #1
Marine Service Provider

Captain, or very experienced HaHa Vet. needed.

Need a captain or very experienced Baha Haha vet for the trip down to Cabo, La Paz or even Manzanillo. Bluewater passage maker sailboat, 34'. Owner will be first mate. Leaving San Francisco by mid October. Will be part of the Baha Haha cruise, group. Boat will stay south. Plane fare back. chebbaski@gmail.com
Old 24-09-2012, 14:02   #2

Boat: 41' Sail
Re: Captain, or very experienced HaHa Vet. needed.

Hello Chebba,

Are looking for a paid Captain to Cabo and/or beyond including flight home? I have coached on the Baja Ha Ha ralley last year aboard a Hylas 45.5. Good time. Ownwer learned a ton of navigation and sail handling! Biggest problem with this ralley, for a non paid situation, is the time they take to get to Cabo. I think it was 11 days. I have delivered/raced south several dozen times and more north on the Bash.

The 11 days to make Cabo is a lot of days to be away from making money if this is not a paid trip down.

The Ha Ha Ralley is a wonderful time for those looking for lots of other people to have fun with on the way down. Gets a bit loud at night with people on the radio ch 69 at 0200 looking for conversation to stay awake.. aarrgghh

Cheers, Jeffry
Old 24-09-2012, 16:34   #3
Marine Service Provider

thanks for the response Captain Jeffry. I need this trip to be a real learning experience for me and as such I do not need any crazy and wild guys or gals. This captain would need to be a good communicator and a good captain. I have nothing against fun of course and I am sure we would have a bunch of fun, but this would need to be a serious learning experience for me. I would need this captain to check out the boat first and take it from there. 11 days is a long time to be without income. We would have to come to a balance about payment, if possible, to go forward. I am open to looking at it from this standpoint. thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you. you can email me at chebbaski@gmail.com.
Old 24-09-2012, 19:32   #4

Boat: 41' Sail

Hello Chebba,

I agree! This is an excellant time to focus on being at sea, navigation, proper sail handling and the rigors of proper overnight watch standing. All the basics! The Baja coast can get ugly, quickly.

Email sent with my Sailing c/v and references. Leaving for a San Francisco delivery on Wednesday and need to focus on this for tomorrow. Very last minute dealio..

Cheers and much more later.

Cheers, Jeffry

Tags
captain