Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2012, 20:50   #1

Captain & Crew Needed for Alaska Trip

I have a 55' sailboat with new diesel that I need to bring up from Port Orchard, Washington to Ketchikan, Alaska via the Inside Passage in about 3 weeks. Any takers please PM me. Thanks!
Old 13-05-2012, 21:27   #2

Re: Captain & Crew Needed for Alaska Trip

Im' interested....what is the compensation....100Ton master 26 years delivery captain 100,000 ocen miles...can also fix most anything
Old 14-05-2012, 06:35   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukids2 View Post
I have a 55' sailboat with new diesel that I need to bring up from Port Orchard, Washington to Ketchikan, Alaska via the Inside Passage in about 3 weeks. Any takers please PM me. Thanks!
Hi,

Let me know if you need a Licensed, drug tested, professional sailor with references.

I have a USCG Master 100 ton Near Coastal license with sail and towing endorsements. I also have my STCW 95 BST, Basic and Advanced Marine Fire Fighting and Radar Observer Unlimited certificates. I am a United States citizen and have a USA passport. I have more then 900 days sea time and over 35,000 ocean miles.

You can see my resume here.

I would need all of my out of pocket travel expense covered and some kind of a stipend. I would be traveling from either Minneapolis - St. Paul (MSP) or Des Moines (DSM).

I can provide you with references if you feel there is a match between your needs and my experience.

The best way to reach me is via email (see my resume for address).

Best Regards
Charlie Cook
Old 19-05-2012, 14:25   #4

Thanks for the quick replies! My time date has been moved up and I was able to get a local Captain. Always looking for crew if anyone would like a beautiful ride for free. Thanks again.
Mike
Old 21-05-2012, 00:38   #5

good luck to you
Old 21-05-2012, 09:35   #6

Thanks Captain for the luck!

Mike
Old 23-05-2012, 19:12   #7

Boat: Baba 35' - Penelope

Hello -
Willing to crew depending upon the time-frame. How long are you planning to take for the trip? I can pay all my transportation expenses and contribute to on-board expenses. I have coastal experience but looking for a bit more blue water time.

Let me know if you still need crew and I'll be happy to answer any questions and send you more information on me.

Thank you!
Karen
Old 23-05-2012, 22:15   #8

Boat: Kent Ranger 24
I live in Washington and would love to assist as crew. I would provide own transportation and happily share with provisions. Please pm me dates if help still needed

Larry
Old 24-05-2012, 07:20   #9

Thank you for all the replies and interest. I never found a Captain but was lucky enough to get a crew. I'm leaving Port Orchard on June 2nd enroute one way to Ketchikan, Alaska with hopes of arriving on or about 09 June. Thank you again for all the replies and interest.

Mike
Old 28-05-2012, 12:20   #10

I'm an experienced captain (Master Near Coastal, sailing & towing endorsements) - I live in New York but as it happens I'll be in Seattle and free for this beginning June 8, and willing to do it for the experience. So if you decide for any reason to postpone your trip, let me know!
Jacques
Old 28-05-2012, 12:30   #11

Boat: too many

I used to live in Alaska, but have never had the opportunity to sail up. I'm booked, but could have offered Unlimited Tonnage License.
Old 29-05-2012, 11:03   #12

Jacques & Bob,

Thank you for the great offers! I have to leave OOB June 3rd so I will just miss you Jacques but I really appreciate the offer.

Mike
Old 28-06-2012, 09:55   #13

Hello everyone. My boat is now moored at Salt Spring Island in British Columbia and still needs to be brought home to Ketchikan. I found that I can make 50 miles a day in any weather inside the passage so I'm looking for a couple people who like to help crew her home to Ketchikan around the 3rd week of July. Must have a passport since we'll be transiting Canada but it will be a nice trip since I've done most of the shakedown cruise already. I don't have the money for a professorial Captain but I can provide one way tickets from Ketchikan back to Seattle. Please contact me if you can stand helm watches, help with anchoring and don't mind long days which provide beautiful sunrises, sunsets and sea life sightings aplenty. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you. Mike
Old 28-06-2012, 19:37   #14

Boat: Kent Ranger 24
Mike

I'm interested and PM you. The insurance company on the other trip to San Francisco is requiring a paid first mate as well as captain so I got bumped.

My two year goal was to do Desolation Sound and the inside passage up to Alaska so let me know if I can help!

Larry
Old 29-06-2012, 10:13   #15

Larry, I look forward to meeting you if your schedule allows you to make the trip. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mike

Tags
alaska, captain, crew