Hi, I'm in Cape Town
, South Africa
, looking to crew to South America
(Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina) or the Caribbean
as soon as possible, later, or whenever possible. Am presently doing a Competent Crew course but am prepared to do anything. I can: cook; handyman; jack of all trades; general repairs
and petrol motors; deckhand
; read charts
& am learning
to navigate; etc....
I did a lot of small boat
sailing as a teenager and four open sea voyages in Europe
over the years (although I'm originally from SA, I lived for 33 years in Europe
- am still based in Belgium). I love the sea and sailing - was always a dream of mine to just keep on sailing.
- Deutsch - ziemlich fließend;
- Italiano - abbastanza fluentemente;
- Nederlands - vlot genoeg;
- Français - modérément;
- Español - moderadamente;
- Brazilian Portuguese - am learning
- Afrikaans - more or less.
I'm a professional musician: alto saxophone and one-man-band/showman to entertain all onboard during the voyage.