Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2013, 01:02   #1

Boat: Lagoon 42
Cape Town to Grenada

Hi all, we are once again looking for a skipper to accompany us on a crossing from Cape Town to Grenada at the end of January 2014.
We are a European couple on a 44 foot catamaran sailing under Gibraltar flag.

We are offering a flat fee of $10,000 plus a daily fee for any delays beyond an agreed date. Skipper pays own travel costs and we cover all other delivery related expenses like fuel and food. Any additional crew should cover own costs.

If interested please PM me with cv and references. Thank you.
Old 27-10-2013, 09:27   #2
cruiser

re: Cape Town to Grenada

Hi,

Are you still looking for a delivery skipper to accompany you on the passage from Cape Town to Grenada? I'm a young licensed captain preparing for a circumnavigation from Washington State and I'd be more than happy to quickly and safely deliver your vessel to the Caribbean. I've got experience in the Pacific Northwest, Alaska, Hawaii, California, Panama Canal, East Coast, Greenland, etc. I've also made four Pacific crossings with Brian Caldwell and been trusted to deliver Jesse Martin's yacht. If this sounds like what your looking for please send me an email at southernocean at juno dot com and we can discuss this opportunity further. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest possible convenience.

Fair Winds,

Ryan Langley
Old 27-10-2013, 10:04   #3

Boat: Lagoon 42

Hi all, I've had a few emails asking why we need a professional skipper and the answer is that of course we don't. We need someone who has done this before and can lead the way.
If we can do it more cheaply but still safely then that is obviously something we will consider.
Thank you for your emails.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Captain_Ron

Hi, if this position is not taken I am very interested. I am based in Cape Town South Africa and am a qualified Skipper Offshore >9 meters. I have delivered 5 Robertson and Caine built Leopard cats to the Caribbean for the Sunsail Charter Group. These deliveries were non stop Cape Town via St. Helena to St. Maarten, Tortola BVI and St. Vincent. I have a 10 year American B1 visa valid till 2019.

Please advise if position is available, I have other deliveries pending but would like to do your delivery as it will give me extra free time to spend in the Caribbean. With the previous deliveries we had to fly back immidiatly as part of the contract. I will be available in Jan 2014. CV to be sent if position is available.

Contact Email. ron@workmail.co.za
Old 26-01-2014, 06:50   #5

Hi there, im looking to crew and pay my own way.. I have done the trip before, i delivered a catamaran from Cape Town to Tortola,BVI as crew but captained many other deliveries in the Caribbean before. I have many years of experiance and comfortable with the trip, im just looking to get back over.. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks,
Ryan
Old 27-01-2014, 03:00   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post
Hi all, we are once again looking for a skipper to accompany us on a crossing from Cape Town to Grenada at the end of January 2014.
We are a European couple on a 44 foot catamaran sailing under Gibraltar flag.

We are offering a flat fee of $10,000 plus a daily fee for any delays beyond an agreed date. Skipper pays own travel costs and we cover all other delivery related expenses like fuel and food. Any additional crew should cover own costs.

If interested please PM me with cv and references. Thank you.
My son Pierre are looking for a crew member position, he has done all the needed courses, and needs experience. plaese mail me if there is a posibility for him to join the trip, can be mailed to cland1@telkomsa.net
Old 15-02-2014, 22:20   #7

Hi
I am very interested to get more info about your plants and Cat.
I am 50 years young and hold the last 10 years a 50T US Merchant Marin License, Master Mate 200 tones, Assistance Towing and Sail IAW, First aid and CPR, PADI. I am trained as a Mechanic and can fix almost anything on a boat. I sailed / cruised my own 40 foot Catamaran for over 4 years from the Caribbean to Australia. From a 1200 mile on the nose passage to 50 knots and 40 foot waves I have seen a lot of ocean! Crossed the Pacific twice and sailed the Indian ocean. This is not a fulltime job for me. I live on Maui Hawaii where I have my one business. I am very flexible. Any opportunity will be NOT just be a other job for me. If you need someone to get you from A to B or want to have your “Dream” delivered anywhere, contact me.
iaoranalkuster@yahoo.com Us Cell 808 268 4035
Old 17-02-2014, 07:29   #8

Re: Cape Town to Grenada

Available to Help. I previously skippered a 14.8M cat and delivered large cats for the boat show">Miami Boat Show. Monohulls and motor yacht experienced. Planning a similar delivery from Malaysia to USA via Cape Town later in 2014.