Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-07-2012, 13:35   #1

Boat: Hatteras 61 CMY, Hatteras 58 Yachtfish, Eastern 21 CC
Canadian Maritimes and Newfoundland Aboard 61’ Hatteras Cockpit Motoryacht -- Now

My misfortune may be your opportunity! I am in the midst of a four-month bucket list cruise. Presently I am on the Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec having gotten here from Annapolis via the Hudson River, the New York Barge Canal, St. Lawrence Seaway and river. I have visited Manhattan, Montreal and Quebec City, etc. My plan is to head next to Newfoundland's west and south coasts and then the Bras d'Or Lakes of Nova Scotia, the coast of Nova Scotia, and then finally make my way back to Annapolis either coastwise through Maine and Massachusetts or with a couple of offshore jumps, depending on weather and time.

That was my plan. But my crew member (recruited through this forum in April) had to return home due to the sudden death of his business partner. The seasonal window for Newfoundland is only so wide. I am at the appropriate jumping off point for the next leg in terms of location and time. Would you like to come along?

I would welcome some new company. I cook well, maintain a boat to be proud of, and am pretty easy to get along with. I am not looking for a crew slave. I am looking for someone to share this incredible trip. I hold a USCG 100T license sail and power. I have sailed good size boats since the early 70s throughout the east coast, Bahamas, and Caribbean.For the newcomer, I have a lot of experience to pass on to someone eager to learn. For the seasoned, I have a rare opportunity to see seldom visited places (and it's not hot)!

This is not a paid position (both insurance and US Customs issues make that inadvisable) but I will pay all boat and food expenses and your travel costs both ways. I would like to stay out until about the 15th of October, but I am flexible. If you cannot make the entire trip that might work as it would buy me time to find another person for other legs.

Please give me a call at 202-359-0781 or email me at michael*at*mkanellc*dot*com to discuss this unusual opportunity.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:59   #2

Boat: acWester 26
Re: Canadian Maritimes and Newfoundland Aboard 61’ Hatteras Cockpit Motoryacht -- Now

Hi Michael.
I live In Nfld and just saw your post.....did you find a replacement yet?
if you are in NFLD I would love to help out anyway I can..

Terry
terrybillard*at*hotmail*dot*com
Old 09-08-2012, 11:02   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54
Re: Canadian Maritimes and Newfoundland Aboard 61’ Hatteras Cockpit Motoryacht -- Now

People, do not post your email addresses in the clear. Neither of you read the sticky "Read Before Posting". Please do so now. This is for your own protection. Further posts like this will be deleted.
Old 25-08-2012, 04:40   #4

Captain,

I just returned from a yacht delivery, Halifax to Newport . . . and noticed your posting.

What's your status? If you are still in need of crew, please let me know.

Age 67, retired, superb health and physical capabilities. I want to enjoy time on the water for as many years as possible before my inevitable physical deterioration!

I look forward to hearing from you.

JEdward
Old 27-08-2012, 12:52   #5

THIS IS FULL PER SKIPPER
Old 27-08-2012, 12:57   #6

Boat: Hatteras 61 CMY, Hatteras 58 Yachtfish, Eastern 21 CC

Please note -- this position is filled. I am trying to take down ther posting but have not yet found the magic button.

Tags
cockpit, motoryacht, newfoundland