This is real short notice, and probably a long shot, but here's the deal; my wife and I have been planning to sail our Tartan 30 for a week through the San Juan islands
and the Canadian Gulf islands. Her mother has just come down with some health
issues and now she feels she needs to remain close next week, so I'm out a first mate. I'm fully willing and capable to do it solo, but figured I'd throw this out there in the off chance that there's someone local who's looking for such an adventure and is available on those dates. I'd be open to taking one or two others on this adventure as follows:
- We'd depart bright and early from Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes on Saturday 8/9 and return Saturday 8/16.
- You must have a clean passport and no record of any kind that would prevent smooth entry to Canada and back to the US.
- Guys only. Sorry gals, out of respect to my wife I ain't gonna shack up with a woman for 8 days.
- I'm a decent skipper and I know my boat, so don't worry if you don't have a lot of sailing experience. BUT ... you need to be confident that you can handle 8 days at sea without fear or seasickness issues.
- I plan to go as far as possible, with long days of sailing and maybe even some night sailing. I'm sort of looking at this trip as a test of my endurance and to get a taste of long distance sailing.
- I'm planning to anchor out most nights and live on the boat. Minimal luxuries, although we may hit marinas for a couple of the nights.
- Boat is an older Tartan 30. fairly bare bones, but it's safe and solid and has comfortable berths for all, galley, head etc.
- If we're going to be trapped together in a 30 foot tub for 8 days compatibility is a must. I'd like to get together with prospective crew before the trip to see how we gel.
There you have it! If you're interested in joining me, please contact me via PM or at firstname.lastname@example.org