Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 07:23   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
BVI to Med

I've sailed from Marmaris up to Martinique and will be on my way back to Marmaris form BVI (or somewhere more appropriate) on late MArch -early April. Anyone interested to share the food cost and come with me ? I'll stop in Azores maybe a week than proceed to Gibraltar, south of Sicily and Turkey. The boat is 44 ft Orana catamaran. Some basic sailing skills are required (more is better but this is no pay trip) , no drugs of any kind, no tatoos pls..
Cheers
Yeloya
Old 14-02-2012, 12:22   #2

Re: BVI to Med

Hi my name is Andrew 43 male
I'm very interested in joining you.
I have NZCE (mech and prod)
NZCG boatmaster
qualified waterwise instructor
Radio operarors license.
you can email me for more info
andrew@apel.co.nz

Thanks Andrew
Old 28-02-2012, 18:22   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptBill88

You have got to be kidding me !! No tattoos !! What kind of silliness is that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
I've sailed from Marmaris up to Martinique and will be on my way back to Marmaris form BVI (or somewhere more appropriate) on late MArch -early April. Anyone interested to share the food cost and come with me ? I'll stop in Azores maybe a week than proceed to Gibraltar, south of Sicily and Turkey. The boat is 44 ft Orana catamaran. Some basic sailing skills are required (more is better but this is no pay trip) , no drugs of any kind, no tatoos pls..
Cheers
Yeloya
Old 29-02-2012, 07:46   #4

Boat: Grampian 26

No Tatoo's, well that takes care of hiring any navy or merchant marine people.
Old 29-02-2012, 08:13   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptBill88

I really think your IQ is too low to post on this forum ! Sorry, but the comment on tattoos is evidence of a severe and incurable form of cerebral necrosis that may be contagious. Please take your idiotic statements elsewhere !!
Old 29-02-2012, 09:17   #6

Boat: MacGregor 26x 1997

To all this punks responding to your ad: skipper, you forgot to mention " no earrings, no noserings, no boozing during sailing, no dogs, no smoking" just professional sailing. Live in Placida, FL where we like good old sailing.
George
Old 02-03-2012, 09:50   #7

Hi Yeloya,

My name is Rich and I'm 21 years old, from the US, and have been sailing small boats and windsurfing for eleven years. I have no extensive big boat experience, but I have sailed 30+ ft sloops a few times on inland lakes in my home state. I'm reasonably fit, and have a fair bit of sailing and knot knowledge. I have no tattoos or drugs, and I'd be very happy to help out with whatever skills are required on board. I'd love to learn more about transocean sailing as well, and I'm sure this would be a great opportunity.

I'm currently in Ecuador but would love to sail with you across the Atlantic to the Mediterranean. I'm only a flight away from the BVI right now, so getting to the boat wouldn't be a problem.

Do you have any estimate of how much the average cost would be? I don't at all mind chipping in, but I do unfortunately have a finite budget that needs to last until I get to grad. school. Also, around when do you think you'd be arriving in the Mediterranean?

Anyway, it sounds like a lot of fun and I'd love to hop aboard.

If you're interested, you can contact me at "rpang dot contact at gmail.com" or "rpang at wisc.edu".

Look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
Rich
Old 03-03-2012, 19:04   #8
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Dear Captain Bill 88,

I didn't want to insult anybody with tattoos (actually I should have said "excessive tattoos" but added "no piercing on the face and tongue"..) and have no problem with them. Actually if I'd look for art creator in an advertising agency, that could have been a plus.. .(meanwhile, yr tone and reasoning suggests that you have plenty of tattoos
The point is the boat is mine and I set the criteria for the people on board. Next time when you are on yr own boat and looking for crew you have all the right to say "noone on board without tattoos". And there will be nothing wrong with that.
By the way, the team is now complete and I'd like to thank to all those who volunteered for the crew position.

Cheers

Yeloya

Tags
British Virgin Islands