Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2013, 00:08   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40 (2009)
pirate BVI to Australia - Late June 2013

Hi,

I am picking up my new 2009 Beneteau Oceanis 40 yacht from Tortola BVI mid June 2013 and am looking for crew to sail back with me to Australia..

I will be spending a week or so sailing around BVI before heading off to Bonair, Curacao then on to Panama and across the pacific to Brisbane Australia..

I made this trip last year on my Oceanis 393 and had a few people from this site join me along the way and made a few good friends from the experience.. I am looking more for a good attitude than sailing skills, as I can teach you along the way..Happy for people to join for part or all of the trip, just ask you to share the expenses (food, drinks, port and marina costs, etc.,)

You can check out last years trip at Andrews Pacific Adventure - Free Travel Blogs

email me at oceanis393 at optusnet dot com dot au for further details

Living the dream,

Andrew
Old 23-05-2013, 20:25   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 42DS 2011
Re: BVI to Australia - Late June 2013

Hello Andrew, I am very interested in helping you get your new boat back to Australia. I live in Sydney and will be motorcycle riding across Eastern Europe this summer till the 16th of Aug. I would be happy to fly anywhere once that is done and meet you at that time (my expense) I could replace crew or just be one more with a fresh set of legs. I lived on my 36 foot Ed Monk trawler in Marina Del Rey for three years so I am used to the sea. I have a boston whaler now and hold a boat licence. I am in the process of now buying a Jeanneau for sailing around the Pacific with my wife. I could use the training if you don't mind having a rookie sailer on board. (I have taken sailing classes in Sydney) my email is (PM is much safer) If you are interested in having me along at some point please let me know. I have been adventure motorcycling for 30 years now and it's time to get back to the sea and new adventures. Did I mention I am a great cook, don't smoke, can fillet a fish, know what the lines do and I am happy to be up at night on watch. Cheers. Hope your trip is a happy one.
Old 23-05-2013, 20:40   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 42DS 2011

Hello Andrew, I just posted a note to you to say I would be happy to help you out but included my email address in it. The moderator might take the email address out. please contact me with Personal message. cheers.
Old 25-05-2013, 01:00   #4

Boat: Seeking ...

Hi Andrew,
I'd like to crew on your boat for part of your journey. I'm American, world wanderer but sailing novice. I grew up with summers by the sea, small runabouts, some sailing, a love of the ocean from an early age.

I'm interested in the experience of going through the Panama Canal, and I have a curiosity and excitement about the south Pacific islands. (I've been to Fiji, Cook Islands and Solomon Islands.)

I've taken a basic sailing course where we sailed and motored a 40-foot boat. I liked it a lot, can't say I'm highly proficient at any of the sailing skills, but have a strong desire to crew and learn. I'd like to have my own boat some day. One of my favorite experiences was crewing on a 37-foot trimaran in the Solomon Islands.

Snorkeling and diving are passions of mine (I'm a PADI Divemaster).

Looking to help, get experience and learn, and spend a lot of time on the sea. I enjoyed reading entries from your blog of the last journey … gets the adventure juices flowing for sure!

Let me know, preferably by email; or here, or by PM.
p i s c e s f u n k (at) y a h o o dot c o m

Andrew, thanks for the consideration.
All the best,
John

Tags
Australia