Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2015, 11:09   #1

Boat/owner needed as support for special Transat Dec 2015

Hi, my name is Marina!

If you are a yacht owner looking to cross the Atlantic late this year at a relaxed pace with a fun and pleasant crew whilst helping another boat to succeed in a huge challenge, the you are for us and we are for you!

We are currently organising a unique transatlantic crossing from the Canaries to St.Lucia around the time of the ARC 2015 and we will require a support yacht.
I am unable to disclose too much information about this crossing on here, however, a more detailed discussion can take place via email/phone with interested parties.

The role of the support yacht would be to stay in VHF range/flare sight of the smaller boat completing the crossing. The boat intends to be completely self sufficient so the support yacht will be carrying little in the way of spares/food/etc. for this boat. The primary role of the support yacht/crew will be to aid the boat if they get into difficulty and ultimately to save their lives if they get into grave danger.

The crossing will take approx. 30 days. For the support yacht, this should be a relaxed and very enjoyable crossing. Hopefully Christmas and/or the New Year will be celebrated in St.Lucia upon completeing this crossing.

Ideally the support crew would need to consist of 4+ experienced sailors in case the boat were to get into difficulty and hands were needed to rescue. I would certainly need to be onboard the support yacht, however, the rest of the crew could be made up of your people or mine.

I really hope you find this ad appealing as this journey will be the adventure of a life time and something unforgettably great to be a part of.

Happy sailing,

Marina