Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2016, 07:02   #1

Block Island Rhode Island to Norfolk first and then Savannah

Hello,

Its getting cold and that can mean only one thing. Its time to head south!

We have two boats heading down from Block Island to the first stop in Virginia. One boat will be left there and the other one will be continuing down to Charleston or to Savannah Georgia. We are really looking for help on the first leg however if you would like to continue down that is certainly a possibility.

Each of us is looking for 1-2 crew members to assist with getting our boats down there as we will be leaving at the same time.

One boat is a 40.5' Beneteau with new sails and good rigging, new auto pilot, recent survey and haul out, but has the least experienced captain. She would prefer a competent female to accompany her or a couple. On board with her will be one other male, a dog and a bird.

My boat is a 2001 47' Beneteau with all new electronics, sails are in good shape, and the motor has been maintained very well. I host all the sat phones and weather routing services that will be shared with the other boat. I check the weather and route at least 3 times per day. We will be checking in with each other every 2-4 hours for the 5 day estimated passage making sure we stay within 10-20 miles of each other. I have single handed over 4,000 miles so far this year and I will have one very large dog with me.

Food will provided at our expense and we are looking to leave within the next week providing a good weather window exists. Safety is my number one concern and will head into a safe port if it looks like the weather will deteriorate while on the passage.

-Eric
Old 26-09-2016, 10:20   #2

Re: Block Island Rhode Island to Norfolk first and then Savannah

Only problem is the off season and reaching Block Island.

I'm not sure if the ferry service still runs from Eastern Long Island and I'm pretty sure seasonal flight schedules have ceased from Boston Logan and JFK.

I think there's a small municipal airport that still services Block Island but I don't know the price or frequency of service at this point.
Old 28-09-2016, 17:10   #3

Boat: 1997 Catalina 34

I would love to talk about your trip, just went the other way from Beaufort NC to Groton via Annapolis and the C&D. Also just passed the CG Captain's test with Masters upgrade and Sail endorsement (though not yet licensed). NC based with ICW and offshore experience. Willing to cover my own travel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 04-10-2016, 17:43   #4

Boat: 19' Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGilligan View Post
Only problem is the off season and reaching Block Island.

I'm not sure if the ferry service still runs from Eastern Long Island and I'm pretty sure seasonal flight schedules have ceased from Boston Logan and JFK.

I think there's a small municipal airport that still services Block Island but I don't know the price or frequency of service at this point.

Year round ferry from Pt Judith

Tags
Rhode Island