Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2011, 17:16   #1

Boat: Creala 40 ( Crealock )
Berganui NSW to Adelaide SA

I'm looking for crew to help me cruise home to Adeiaide from Berganui. The yacht is a Creala (Crealock) 40 with all the goodies for off shore sailing. Intend to leave the second or third week in January depending on the weather and should take about a week all up.
Old 24-12-2011, 21:37   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to osment382
Re: Berganui NSW to Adelaide SA

I would love to help you sail. I have had pretty much no experience but I will be totally free when you want to set sail. I am trying to get a position on a yacht next year once I start traveling the world again and any sea experience would be fantastic.
Have a look at my profile(I'm only new to this site). If you have any more questions or think I might be helpful please email me.

osment382*at*gmail*dot*com.

Thanks Dan Osment
Old 25-12-2011, 00:39   #3

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian McD View Post
I'm looking for crew to help me cruise home to Adeiaide from Berganui. The yacht is a Creala (Crealock) 40 with all the goodies for off shore sailing. Intend to leave the second or third week in January depending on the weather and should take about a week all up.
Berganui?
Are you sure about that?
Maybe a navigator is what you need most of all.
Old 25-12-2011, 00:57   #4

Is that Bermagui NSW......
Old 25-12-2011, 19:35   #5

Can't help with crew I'm afraid. That's around 900nm or so, depending how close you stick to the coast. Around 5 days at 7 knots nonstop, so a week or so sounds doable if you go 24/7.

I allowed around 3 weeks from Pittwater to Port Pirie, around 1700nm, as our hull speed is a bit less than yours (probably no more than 6-7 knots at best) and it will take me a while to see how she trims out (new boat to me) and we're not going to average anything like that. We'll probably anchor overnight from time to time (particularly if the weather goes downhill - I have a couple of novices aboard, don't want to freak them out first trip if it blows up.) So we're in no particular hurry.

We're leaving Pittwater around the 10th, heading for Spencer Gulf (West of Adelaide), I suspect we'll be somewhere in the vicinity of Bermagui about when you are leaving, so we might run across you somewhere on the way. :^)

AussieGeoff
Old 25-12-2011, 20:06   #6
Marine Service Provider

Can't spell Adelaide either!

Stop off at Lakes Entrance and Refuge Cove on the way, nice spots. Quite different from each other though.
Old 26-12-2011, 22:43   #7

Hi.

Am possibly available to help out if you'd like (depending on timing). I'm a 28 year old (male) with RYA Dayskipper with a lot of inshore racing experience (beneteau 40s, Dragons, etc). Worked on board commercial ships for a couple of years a while ago so have spent a long time at sea. Only done about 500 ocean miles in a yacht though, so I'm looking to mile build (since many of those miles were pre-log book for me) - I'm working towards a Yachtmaster... Can navigate without any dramas, and have been sailing for most of my life. (Nearly did the Hobart this year, but things fell through unfortunately.)

Let me know if you're interested. Ring 0422_019_442

Greg
Old 26-12-2011, 22:44   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakey214 View Post
Hi.

Am possibly available to help out if you'd like (depending on timing). I'm a 28 year old (male) with RYA Dayskipper with a lot of inshore racing experience (beneteau 40s, Dragons, etc). Worked on board commercial ships for a couple of years a while ago so have spent a long time at sea. Only done about 500 ocean miles in a yacht though, so I'm looking to mile build (since many of those miles were pre-log book for me) - I'm working towards a Yachtmaster... Can navigate without any dramas, and have been sailing for most of my life. (Nearly did the Hobart this year, but things fell through unfortunately.)

Let me know if you're interested. Ring 0422_019_442

Greg

Forgot to add... I'm happy to pay my costs...

g
Old 01-01-2012, 19:54   #9

Boat: Creala 40 ( Crealock )

I've just noticed I have been spelling Bermagui wrongly. No excuse. Senior moment.
Old 08-01-2012, 20:26   #10

Hi Ian, have you got your crew yet? I'm currently looking for a crewing spot for about 2-3 weeks. I have a "competent crew qual." and a little experience in coastal races, but would love to gain some experience in longer off shore or coastal cruising voyages. I can get up to Bermagui in a day or 2. and 'am happy to crew the whole way or part.
Cheers, Paul 0427 059 225