Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2012, 21:58   #1

Based in Hervey Bay 'till End of July

Experienced crew - fit male going grey up top - looking for opportunity to get out on the water of the Fraser Coast, can do trips at short notice, have lots of sailing experience along the Solent/South of England over many years, plus some hours out of Auckland and in the Mediterranean, RYA qualified to Day Skipper, have radio license and first-aid and can cook a mean bacon butty !
Old 20-05-2012, 23:53   #2

Re: based in hervey Bay till end of July

Hi. Check this : http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ane-81603.html
Old 21-05-2012, 01:57   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodathegrey View Post
Experienced crew - fit male going grey up top - looking for opportunity to get out on the water of the Fraser Coast, can do trips at short notice, have lots of sailing experience along the Solent/South of England over many years, plus some hours out of Auckland and in the Mediterranean, RYA qualified to Day Skipper, have radio license and first-aid and can cook a mean bacon butty !
Mate - you were going okay till you mentioned that insult to the culinary arts, reviled the world over.

Seriously though, Urangan or Bundy Port Marina would be a good place to hang around and or post your details on a notice board.
Old 21-05-2012, 16:59   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Mate - you were going okay till you mentioned that insult to the culinary arts, reviled the world over.

Seriously though, Urangan or Bundy Port Marina would be a good place to hang around and or post your details on a notice board.
There is an art to cooking a "bacon butty" in a force 5, one I am quite proud of Will follow your advice and hope not to get arrested for 'hanging around', do they have a law against that sort of behaviour in OZ?
Old 21-05-2012, 17:06   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post

Many thanks for the link, but my bit of paper from the RYA really only allows me "to navigate around familiar waters by day" and, as I have only flown briefly over the Fraser Coast looking out of the window of an A380, then I dont really think that this constitutes a definition of "familiar" I am being pragmatic and trying to get some experience of the coast before making myself available for more demanding duties, one thing I have learned over the years is not to underestimate mother nature. Again, many thanks for the link and your time.
Old 27-07-2012, 06:03   #6

Re: Based in Hervey Bay 'till End of July

i have a 53 ft yacht sailing from darwin Australia to perth mid august if your keen