Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-12-2014, 19:57   #1

Boat: Skye 51' Obelisk
Bali to Langkawi/Phuket and Points West

Hi all,

I am in Bali after a great cruise up from New Zealand through Vanuatu, Solomons, PNG and Indonesia and my crew has heard the call of the "real world" (i.e. a job offer) so I am looking for new crew to sail up through Indonesia to Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand before setting out west across the Indian Ocean. No requirements other than being enthusiastic, relatively easy to get along with and interesting. Age really is no issue.

Itinerary is fairly flexible but the timing would be leaving bali in mid-January to take advantage of the NE monsoon across to Sri Lanka. Passage up through Indonesia would be a series of short overnights and day sails and then some time in Langkawi or Phuket to prepare for the Indian.

No need to commit for the whole way across the Indian, through Langkawi/Phuket is OK, too. I'm a 33 year-old, pretty laid back captain when it comes to getting along but I don't skimp on safety or seamanship. This is a shared cost basis but, depending on how you like to live, it is quite affordable.

The boat is a 1982 Skye 51, cruising equipped, and I have been sailing her around the world for the past 5 years. Couples welcome.

Please send me an email directly if interested at jwsmith81 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks!
Jesse

Old 29-12-2014, 20:41   #2

Boat: Skye 51' Obelisk
Re: Bali to Langkawi/Phuket and Points West

Route Update:

As happens while cruising, plans change and evolve. Now, instead of Thailand > Sri Lanka > Maldives > Chagos > Madagascar, I will be heading Thailand > W. Coast Sumatra > Cocos Keeling > Maritius > Madagascar.
Old 31-12-2014, 04:32   #3

Re: Bali to Langkawi/Phuket and Points West

Hi Jesse,

Sent you an email to see if you were still looking for crew. My name is Jack and the email was titled RE:Crew Wanted.

Thanks