Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 18:39   #1
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Bahamas to Virgin Islands

I am planning an offshore crossing from the Bahamas or Turks & Caicos to the Virgin Islands. I am aiming to do this in early February. If I can find willing crew my plan is to head east to Long 65° then south. Should take about a week.

If you're interested and the time frame works for you, PM me; we'll see if we can work things out. It would be especially helpful if you've done this run before and can help advise about routing.

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 05-10-2010, 10:10   #2

Boat: None yet
Send a message via AIM to spencer311 Send a message via Yahoo to spencer311
If you want to teach me, I'm willing to learn. I live in Charleston, SC and I am eager to befriend anyone that wants to spend copious amounts of time on the water.
Old 07-10-2010, 22:39   #3
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Even though in my original post I mentioned the offshore route to the VIs, I would also be happy to do the "thornless path" T&C to DR to PR to VIs. So if you'd be available to crew for me on that route, please let me know.

Many thanks,
Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 11-10-2010, 17:03   #4

Boat: Member Boston Sailing Center
I just noticed your request for a crew. I can take some time off work in Feb., and would be willing to help.

I am a fit 62 YO;professional living in NH. Married 37 yrs. 7 children and 15 grandchildren. Very stable fellow. Principal in the financial planning firm of Charter Oak Capital Management in Kennebunk, NH. Look me up.

I sailed a lot when I was in the Navy, and took the sport back up about 3 years ago. Member of the Boston Sailing Center and hold ASA 101,103, & 104 certifications. Non-smoker, don't do drugs, don't chase women (or men) and have a glass of wine about 3 times / week (for the ticker).

If interested, you can call me at (603) 817-3586 or email me at eakerberg_1999 at yahoo dot com
Old 18-10-2010, 06:53   #5
LJP

Bahamas to Virgin Islands

Hi,

I am a man in my early 20's from the UK looking for a crew placement in that part of the world for early 2011. February is ideal!

I have limited ocean experience and am looking to build some sea miles, with the BVI being my perfect final destination.

I hold the following degree and basic sailing qualifications,

Marine Technology BSc (Hons)
RYA Day Skipper
STCW-95
VHF Radio License

> Plus other short courses such as Navigation and Yacht Surveying

Would love to help out
Best regards,
LJP
Old 18-10-2010, 19:57   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to nirvan
I may be available to help you...

I teach sailing here on San Francisco Bay part time and have for many years. I am plannung a visit to the Caribbean sometime early this year, with the idea of perhaps buying a sailboat.
I will be visiting my mother who lives near Ft.Lauderdale sometime in November or December. Where will you and your boat be around that time? I am asking, because I know from experience it is important to know who one goes offshore with and the state of preparation the boat is in.

I am a meditation teacher and a transpersonal counselor, mostly retired.
Old 20-10-2010, 05:10   #7

Retired and fit newspaper guy, 59, with a lot of Great Lakes cruising and racing experience, owner of a vintage Tartan 41, is interested in your proposal. Please e-mail specifics (you, your boat, other crew, etc) to me at rendezvous@iserv.net? Would you be willing to help with air fare?
Old 21-10-2010, 21:29   #8
Nik

Thornless path experience

Hi, I did a delivery with an owner several years ago from Alabama to the Dominican Republic and last year chartered a boat in the BVI's. Email me: nblady77 'at' gmail.com if more information is needed or for advice.
Nick
Old 24-10-2010, 04:48   #9

Boat: Corbin 39, 'Pinguescence'
Well well well. I did a similar passage this year in May on my own boat. Departed from Marsh Harbour, Abaco and made landfall in Nevis, Leeward Islands, just a bit further East of the BVI. A little over 9 days. May be available for that trip - and certainly for any questions that you might have regarding the offshore route. Just send a message

Tags
Bahamas, Virgin Islands