Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2014, 00:34   #1

Australian Yacht looking for crew to accompany from mediteranian to Melbourne, Austra

Hi,

We are looking for a crew to enjoy in the fun and help us sail her back to Melbourne, Australia from Montenego through the Caribbean and across the Atlantic. Depating from Montenego would be in late September 2014. We have 2 and are looking for another 2. Male or female and any or no experience is fine.
Old 26-08-2014, 02:52   #2

Re: Australian Yacht looking for crew to accompany from mediteranian to Melbourne, Au

Hi,

That is a long trip, how long are you allowing for it?
Not sure I would want inexperienced crew for some of those longer crossings.
More details would be helpful to prospective crew.

I have heaps of cruising miles and racing experience and could be interested in the Pacific side of your adventure.

So much fun ahead for you.

Cheers Anthony.
Old 26-08-2014, 02:55   #3

Re: Australian Yacht looking for crew to accompany from mediteranian to Melbourne, Au

Send me a PM, I'm experienced, licensed and may be available for the trip, sounds like fun

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 26-08-2014, 19:57   #4

Hi Anthony,

Whats your contact details?

Regards,

Marcus
Old 26-08-2014, 23:58   #5

Hi Marcus,

I emailed you my contact details and a little information about myself through cruiser forum and look forward to hearing from you.

Bon Voyage,
Anthony.
Old 27-08-2014, 05:10   #6

Hello !

I am looking to crew on board a sea worthy vessel from the start of December until the end of January 2015

My goal is to learn as much as possible about water sailing">blue water sailing before going on to complete my day skipper qualification next spring .

Ideally I would like to spend 1 month on board learning as much as I can, helping out and having fun . However I can happily be flexible for the right boat ( from 2- 6 weeks )

A little about me :

I am a confident, friendly and relaxed sort of guy and a careful and safe intermediate sailor . I’m not scared of heavy lifting / a few night watches /a long shift cleaning or washing a few dishes.

I just recently acquired my RYA competent crew qualification . This entailed me spending 3 weekends at sea practising man overboard drills / sail handling / mooring / passage planning etc . . on a Hanse 411 .

I have around 90- 100 hours of coastal cruising under my belt , and my longest passage has been about 12 hours .

I love outdoor life, traveling, camping, reading, surfing, history, art, good food and I love to discuss these subjects.

I am fortunate enough to have saved up a little money, so i will be able to travel to most places [ Med /USA/Aus] to join a crew .

Would love to learn a few tricks from some more experienced sailor, rack up some sea miles and meet some interesting people.

Please do feel free to get in touch

James
Old 31-08-2014, 07:15   #7

Greetings
I am definately interested in the journey. Below is a fairly detailed description of me and my sailing experience.

Good sailor / navigator / Steady & experienced in storm conditions
Desire short or long peaceful passages and/or Delivery Crew Member / open to all opportunities
Excellent health / strong / daily yoga / yoga teacher
Will cheerfully share all duties - helm, watches, cooking, cleaning, mechanical
Nice to have aboard.

Sweet ocean calls my name...ever softly she whispers...
Sailing since 1981

6 months+ sea time Fun to have aboard..
Work hard to keep boat / equipment safe shipshape
Certified Evinrude Outboard Mechanic 1984 worked on my own and friends
Very mechanical / diesel / water-makers / compressors
Stay Awake on watches

RYT 500 (Registered Yoga Teacher 500 HRs Advanced Yoga Studies)
Practicing yoga 12 years and love to share this passion daily

Lived in:
Turks & Caicos Islands BWI 2.5 yrs.
Tortola BVI 21 months
Bermuda 4 months

Spent 26 years in commercial construction management.... now heading back to the sea
Available in April 2014

* Sailed since 1981. My first boat was a 1956 / 26' mahogany & teak . Albury built in Man-O-War Cay Bahamas. Sailed her only with a compass for 3 years from FLA to Key West, Bimini, Freeport and around the Fla Keys.
* 2012 6 weeks 1st Mate 60' MV Catamaran, Sailing vessel yet never rigged, Twin Yanmars
Ft Lauderdale to Mayaguana, Bahamas & return Diving shipwrecks & exploring
* 2010 / 1st Mate 31' South African Sloop Panama, Galapagos, Marquesas, Tuamotos, Tahiti, Morea, 5400 NM / 3.5 months
* 1st Mate 36' Morgan Fla to Provo to Jamaica and around the keys when available for 6 years.
* 1st Mate 36' Trimaran Martinique to Trinidad.
* Captain 42' Cat. Belize around the Cays for 7 days.
* Crewed in BVI 1.5 yrs on any boat

Thanks for your consideration.
enjoy
David
Old 31-08-2014, 07:30   #8

Hi
That sounds like a good trip.
I've done 18000+ nautical miles mostly in my own boat
2 trans atlantic east to west and west to east. sailed the Med, London to Isle of Man sailed around the Lizard a few times, once in a cat
sailed Cape of Good Hope 4 times Durban to Saldanha both ways
Home port is Knysna in South Africa other home port is Falmouth in Cornwall.
Lived in the Caribbean for 2 years Brazil for 6 months
Operated a slipway hoist for 5 years fix anything on a boat or off.
I have no time limit and can meet you anywhere and I don't race.
62 years old still going strong hold 2 passports don't smoke or drink not fussy about food or watchkeeping. In SA at present email claudescape@gmail. com

regards
claudeus

Old 31-08-2014, 20:59   #9

Hi,

If you decide to leave in December I might, depending on some details, be interested. I am retired and will be finishing an assignment in the Solomon Islands in late November.

I have done a lot of yacht racing and cruising over the years and, when at home, cruise a Van de Stadt 34 around the Tasmanian coast. I enjoy an adventure, am pretty good in all conditions, like boats that sail well, am safety conscious and am very useful in the galley provisioning and cooking.

Regards,
Geoff

My timetable probably won't be suitable to you, but, I wish you well with your adventure.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:01   #10

Good morning Geoff

Nice to hear from you. My timetable is very flexible and I'm not in a rush at all to find a boat immediately. My intention is to find the right boat, skipper and type of journey. See if it all feels like a good fit. No worries.

I retired from my 1st career and am now teaching yoga. Am scheduled for a 5 day advanced teacher training intensive in Asheville, North Carolina Dec 1-5.

Would enjoy seeing some pics of you and your vessel, and maybe we could Skype and say hello.
david@yoga-heart.net
enjoy
David
Old 01-09-2014, 05:44   #11

Boat: Endeavour 42

I am very much interested. When are you leaving? How long are you planning to be out? What type of boat? What are the accommodations. I am 62, but certainly physically fit. In the midst of doing some major upgrades on my boat, a 1985 Endeavour 42, but would be happy to take the time out to get the sailing experience.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:51   #12

HI
Think we got our wires crossed. I am also replying to the same thread and would like to join the crew.
Hope we both find a good vessel and adventure.
smooth sailin'
David
Old 01-09-2014, 12:09   #13

My name is Rob, Born in Holland But now I live in the carebean. It looks like a great sail adventure and I would love to join you. Kind regards Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Rob
Old 08-09-2014, 07:17   #14

Hello! Are you still looking for crew? I am an experienced female sailor - lots of cruising miles and racing experience. I would be available later this month and have a very flexible schedule. Do let me know if you are interested in discussing further and I will certainly provide much more information!

Cindy
Old 08-09-2014, 21:23   #15

Greetings,

I am a professional navigator, with 27 years of sailing experience, including yacht ownership.

After four months of full-time employment this summer in British Columbia on a 75-foot yacht as navigator, I look forward to volunteering for more relaxed sailing. While I do not require a salary, I wish to crew on a sound vessel that does not require participation in repair expenses, etc.

If this crew opportunity is still available, I'll forward more information.

Jen

Tags
Australia, crew, yacht