Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2016, 23:37   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Ferrutia
pirate Australia to NZ, Pacific Islands and America

Hi everyone! I'm Fernando from Spain, I'm in a long travel around the world since two years. I departed from my country and crossed by land or by sea 26 countries and 2 more flying (for a total of 28), living amazing adventures.

I'm in Australia, near Melbourne working to learn and make a little bit money for my travel and I want to cross NZ before the Pacific Islands and after I want to go to America (Centre or South preferably), maybe is not possible to do with the same team, but for me is interesting to know new people and new skills to use after in the most long sea crossing.

One of my defects is to be very honest and for this I tell you that I don't have experience in long travels in a yacht or sailing ship and I know that maybe is difficult to trust in anybody without experience aboard, but I'm intrepid guy, positive and hard worker to help anybody in they boat during the journey (cooking -I love cook-, cleaning, and other things on the boat if you can teach me, I'm fast learning), and if is necessary I can contribute with some money to the expenses.

I drink, but only if is possible, the alcohol is not the most important for me, also I'm smoker but maybe in this travels I can let it because I want to let it .

I wait to hear from you and to be part of your crew.
Thank you very much for your time and see you soon.

Cheers
Fernando
Old 16-02-2016, 00:00   #2

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: Australia to NZ, Pacific Islands and America

Fernando,

If you're willing to give up the smoking, do it first! The skippers for whom you wish to crew will feel much more comfortable with it if you say you are a non-smoker. There are more non-smoking boats these days than those who do smoke.

Indeed, many are dry (alcohol free) on passage.

Good luck with finding a crew position.

Ann

Tags
Australia