Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 03:27   #1

Location: presently gallivanting back across the Pacific... Pago Pago at the moment
Boat: Hylas 49 - GALLIVANTER
Australia - Indonesia - South Africa - Caribbean

Hello All,

I'm sailing from Australia to the Caribbean by way of South Africa and am collecting names of people who would like to join me.

I'm a licensed captain (USA & Australia) working on my second circumnavigation. Boat is a Hylas 49 with 3 cabins.

I cannot pay but will cover all boat related expenses - food, fuel, clearances, bribes, etc.

Looking for easy-going individuals (male or female) to join for all or part and help with watch keeping, cooking of simple meals & easy conversation. No experience necessary. I'll teach you everything I know about sailing & navigation.

Must be financially secure, fit and willing to learn.

Stops will include Bali, Chagos, Mauritius, Durban, Capetown, St Helena and perhaps more... to Trinidad.

I'm prepared & capable to do this alone but prefer to have three people aboard for safety and company.

Departing Brisbane early August, Bali early October and Capetown in late January after a break for the holidays. Should arrive Trinidad in March.

Please send a personal message to express intrest and I'll reply with more details. Thanks.

To Life!

Kirk
Old 05-07-2013, 02:56   #2

Re: Australia - Indonesia - South Africa - Caribbean

Hi Kirk I am interested in accompanying you on your first leg of your journey if you are interested in having me.
I am a 60y/o mail with a couple of delivery jobs under my belt,Syd to Hamo ,Magnetic island to Sydo .Also crewing on a Farr36ft Sat racing as well as off shore.
Pirate123.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40   #3

hello ,
i have got yachtmaster offshore , now i amin charge as skipper in the Med, on e transat.
i would like to partecipateto your trip
where i can send my cv?
ogeido@libero.it for contacct

diego
Old 05-07-2013, 09:54   #4

I might be interested in a couple of months sailing starting in Sept. If a possibility, let me know where you'll be.

About me:
I'm a fit 50 yr. old with limited sailing experience that includes bareboat (50ft Benneteau) in the BVI's, ownership and use of a 22ft drop-keel Santana on New England lake, ASA 104 certification (acquired in BVI's), and finally membership at local New England sailing club.

Very active lifestyle of surfing, snowboarding, swimming, running and cycling.
I also have scuba certification.

beckerand at yahoo dot com
Old 05-07-2013, 10:39   #5

I'm interested. No real sailing experience (little bit of lake sailing). Experience working on a commercial fishing boat on the Pacific though. Sounds like a good trip.
Old 06-07-2013, 16:56   #6

Hi there, I've done minimal sailing but have a great desire to learn. Very athletic, easy going, quick learner, enthusiastic and helpful. 43 year old male. I live in Florida before that in San Diego, CA. I'd like to join you all the way. Please eamil me at obgodoy@aol.com Cheers!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:09   #7

Hi Kirk

I am a 31 year old Brit that is putting plans into place for a sailing course in the Caribbean next year. I will be in South Africa in January and would be interested in joining the Cape Town to the Caribbean leg. Learning from your experience and the miles gained would stand me in great stead for the qualifications I seek.

I am a fast learner, am physically fit and I love an adventure. I absolutely get team work and hard graft too. i run a large, and intense, sales force in the UK today.

Regards

James
Old 07-07-2013, 17:12   #8

Boat: Jeanneau 42DS 2011

Hello, I live in Sydney and would be interested in doing some of the trip with you. I am 50 years old in very good shape, I have been on boats all my life but have very little sailing under my belt. I do own a 42ft Jeanneau and ever weekend I am out learning the ropes. I lived on my Trawler for 3 years so the boating part I have down, I just need to have more time on the sails. I don't smoke, and I am a freelance editor so time of is not a problem. I will be in europe motorcycling for the next month and back in OZ mid Aug. I could fly out to meet you somewhere at my expense. ps. I am a great cook and I know how to fish. If you are interested in having me along please contact me. cheers for now Dan
Old 08-07-2013, 06:07   #9

Hey Kirk,
I’m a 24 y/o medical student from upstate New York and am currently in Bangkok doing some work with a Dengue Virus vaccination. I’m scheduled to return to classes in August but after seeing your post am likely to request to postpone a year if you still have the need for crew. I’ve been around water all of my life but have limited sailing knowledge other than small boats and a trip from Panama to Colombia on a small monohull, but am willing to help out in any way and eager to learn how to sail and navigate. Shoot me an email or find me on facebook and let me know what you think, sounds like an incredible trip. (Could we bring a surfboard or two?) Cheers!
-Mark Carlberg (carlbmar@upstate.edu)
Old 09-07-2013, 22:04   #10

Hi Kirk

Sent you a pm
Old 10-07-2013, 04:22   #11

Hi Skipper!!
My name is Canario, 39. I am very interested in the second leg you are mentioning, the one hedding for South Africa. I am a well experienced sailor,... I think... I have done an Atlantic crossing, Pacific, Bali-Malaysia, Goa India-Thailand-Bali... and quite a lot of other shorter legs during the years. I am now in Bali, just arrived from Phuket and still recovering a bit, but I will be fliying to Darwing in a couple of days. Let me know if you might be interested and Ill write back with more info about miself or... I could always catch up with you anywhere in Australia. Thanks.
Fair winds.

Canario.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:24   #12

Hi Kirk!!
Canario again. I just realised I never gave you my contact details Here we go: Canariodeskalzo@hotmail.com
Thanks.
Old 11-07-2013, 17:37   #13

Boat: !977 Catalina 27

Captain,
I am most interested in participating in your voyage.
Please pm to-
steelhea1690@gmail.com
I have more time than money and look forward to learning new skills.
-
Theron
Old 12-07-2013, 11:18   #14

Boat: 32 intrepid

Hi my name is Jesse. I'm young, fit and a avid and eager seaman. I graduated from Chapman School of Seamanship. I'm 22 and a PADI certified rescue diver. I can carry my own weight financially and I would love this opportunity. I'am from Stuart, FL. I'm willing and eager to learn everything you could teach me. I've professionally crewed in the Pacific and the Caribbean and can provide references of captains I've worked for in the past. I would like to go the whole way and would love to have the chance to go around the horn. Please let me know I will not let you down.
Old 13-07-2013, 21:46   #15

Aloha from the islands!
My name is Anneliese. I live in Hawaii and am a ocean kayak guide. I work along Na Pali coast. I have a little sailing experience. I read ocean currents, wind patterns, changing conditions but most of all I am coachable. Water saftey , CPR and first aid certified. I love the water and your trip sounds perfect. I am super easy going and very low maintenance. As a tour guide i am round all different types of people from all over the world. I communicate very well. English speaking or not we can usually get along. Please let me know of you have any questions and are still looking for he perfect fit. My e-mail is annie@wailuariverguides.com

Tags
Africa, Australia, Caribbean, Indonesia