Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-09-2012, 11:54   #1

Atlantic; East-to-West, November-December 2012

Ahoy sailors; Ocean cruising rookie seeking an adventure. Planning a sabbatical this November/December to fulfill one of my dreams i.e. to cross the Atlantic (east to west) by boat.

If you need help and company on your trip, I would be very happy to make it a great experience for us all. As a person, I'm open-minded and always looking at positive side of life. I enjoy being with other people and having a good laugh, but I also have no problems entertaining my self. I'm a responsible and considerate person, and I have a great deal of patience. I have a good logical sense and like solving problems of any kind.

Further:
-I do know the basics of how to sail and navigate, as I have been sailing (leisure cruising on a Maxi Fenix) in the Danish and Swedish coasts during vacations for the past 10 years (and have passed an examination in proficiency in yachting by the Danish Maritime Authorities).
-I know how to perform ”first aid” (certified)
- I fluently speak, English (use it every day in my professional life), German (grew up with the German version of ”Sesame street”), and Danish (mother tongue). I understand other Scandinavian languages, and I understand some French and Spanish
-I'm an omnivore i.e. I eat almost anything, this does not mean I don't appreciate good taste, I'm just curious :-)
-I'm a good cook (says my wife)
-Certified scuba-diver (PADI, advanced open water)
-Do not suffer from sea sickness (as far as I know)
- I don't smoke

So apart from being good company, I can perform most tasks required to be good help; watch-keeper, deckhand, cooking etc.

Hoping very much to hear from you!
Best,
Allan