Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05   #1

Atlantic Crossing West to East

One crew place available for our Atlantic crossing.West to East.Starting on May 18 th ,New Jersey USA towards the Azores and on to France.
The yacht is a Sparkman and Stephens designed Tartan 34 Classic.They are strong and well rounded.
You should,at least,have basic sailing experianceand be able to fit in with the crew of experianced Skipper/owner ,Experianced !st Mate,And a Keen novice.
You would be responsible for your own travel and a small contrbution to your food on board.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04   #2

Re: Atlantic crossing West to East

Hello!

It’s been my dream to be able to sail across the Atlantic! I love sailing and I love a good adventure. In the last few years I rode a bicycle from Chicago to New Orleans and I have climbed mountains in Brazil.

I’m relatively new to sailing but I did spend last summer as a crew-member on a 33’ racing boat out of Chicago. We participated in major regattas, Saturday afternoon and Wednesday night races and several overnight passages. I crewed on the Chicago to Mackinac yacht race. On that race we rotated crew on a watch schedule and encountered rough weather over a period of two and a half days.

I’m enthusiastic and curious. I get along well with people and love a challenge. I cook well and speak Russian and Portuguese. I have experience in wood working and basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting. The timing of your transatlantic crossing fits my schedule and I would like to speak with your, further. Should you require references, I would be happy to supply them.

Are you still looking for crew?
What are the dates of your trip?

Very truly yours,
Tony
urchin.us@gmail.com
Old 27-02-2012, 17:11   #3

Re: Atlantic Crossing West to East

Hello,
Im very interested in your offer, is the spot still vacant?
Im a 23 years old guy with a solid sailing experience (sailing instructor) including a transatlantic in 2010. Let me know if you are still seeking for a crew and I will send you more details/resume.
Thanks,
charles
charles.appmtl at gmail dot com
Old 27-02-2012, 19:18   #4

Hello,

Interested in getting on board!

31, Male, from CA looking for more sea-time

and to sail trans-atlantic

Tall Ship experience in the Great Lakes,

Hawaii--->Puget Sound Last August. on a

72 foot schooner, found that on cruisers forum.

Valid Passport, stcw-95, mmd, twic

easy going, non-smoker, easy to get on with.

hit me back

kslocum.80 at gmail
Old 29-02-2012, 15:32   #5

Hi,
I'm presently in Guatemala and will be in central/north america till may, when I planned to go back to europe. If you still have a place free, I'd be very happy to join you. I have no experience with sailing, but I want to learn badly and a transatlantic trip has been a dream for me for years. I'm a biologist, 30, male, from Italy, lived in germany for a while, travelled sometime.
If you are interested, contact me:
daniloallegra at libero dot it
If you want, have a look at my blog:
ungrillo.blogspot.com
Old 13-03-2012, 14:47   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower_38 View Post
One crew place available for our Atlantic crossing.West to East.Starting on May 18 th ,New Jersey USA towards the Azores and on to France.
The yacht is a Sparkman and Stephens designed Tartan 34 Classic.They are strong and well rounded.
You should,at least,have basic sailing experianceand be able to fit in with the crew of experianced Skipper/owner ,Experianced !st Mate,And a Keen novice.
You would be responsible for your own travel and a small contrbution to your food on board.

Hi!!!

I just read your advertisement and I'm very interested in it if you still need someone
I'm 23 years old, first aid certificated,experienced in lifeguarding and I love cooking, even if I don't have any experience in saling, I learn quickly and I really would love to join you in your adventure, I think I'm an easy going person, and I'm always willing to help. I speak French, Spanish and English.

Wish to hear from you soon.

Robert

Contact; kumkatxa@gmail.com
kumkatxa@gmail.com
Old 28-04-2012, 17:03   #7

Hallo,
Please contact me at tracytripp85311@gmail.com if this crew request is still open.
I have sailing experience and am in need of crossing to Azores.
Thank you
Tracy

Tags
atlantic crossing