Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-09-2014, 05:12   #1

Atlantic crossing to Panama

I'm looking for someone interested in helping me sail from Gibraltar to Panama, or at least across the Atlantic leaving November maybe mid to late but before the ARC.

The yacht is a Lagoon 440, and is a great sailing vessel and a very fast cat for its size. I can sail her single handed quite well enough but it's kinda lonely. I don't really care if you can't sail, cause after the first week you will be able to, Im looking for someone easy going who won't want to "takeover".

If you're interested please reply at cloudbreak04@gmail.com. I'm currently in Mallorca, heading for the mainland and Gibraltar.

Thanks.

Samm
Old 18-09-2014, 13:54   #2

Re: Atlantic crossing to Panama

Greetings captain,
On my card, I have " Ole salt sailor adventurist ", In the past 4 years, I have had the pleasure of rekindling my love ,fear relationship with that wonderful woman the sea. I sailed a 30 ft. Lipincott from kent island, maryland How cool it was to drop anchor @ sunset in key west on Christmas eve. did the winter workin crab & lobster boats, was fun interesting & a nice reminder, I can still work my ass off, which made me reconsider why , I was there. Than did a stint on a morgan to Bahamas's with a mate & a new boat buyer, what an adventure that turned out to be. after 3 1/2 days of 65 m.p.h. winds & 20 ft. seas, we had the owner take them helm, for no sleep or food for the 3 days, we were spent. He quickly & most efficiently got relieved after capsizing the vessel. when the electric & motor decided they cared not to work underwater, luckiely a flashlight had just a dim of a glow to hold her due east ,until the sound of the surf, we beached # cape Canaveral, glad as I was to be on land, had I found the beach 3 miles south, I coulda toured the launch pad, or 3 miles north, I could have had the pleasure of the nude beach, but no, I choosed smack in the middle of nowhere, any whoot this past may did a 1400 mile sail on a 50 ft. ketch which was an epic adventure. So I have about 10,000 miles under sail, about 500,000 under power vessels, from being a navigator in oil research prior to these new fangled dangled gps's. man there nice ,but, im confused by them, & I suck at getting oil under my fingernails. however, I'm as easy to get along with as the stars are beautiful @ night, I have all the time in the world & its about time again to go see it breathe it & enjoyed. I'll make a hellva third hand for the 3rd mate, can stay at the helm for 12 to 18 when or if required, look forward to hearing from ya ... @ times speak up ...
302-260-2901 ... White Hat
Old 01-10-2014, 03:59   #3

Re: Atlantic crossing to Panama

An updates about your crew search?
I've sent you an email as I'm very interested.
Hope to hear back from you.
Cheers

Tags
atlantic crossing, Panama