Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2015, 10:48   #1

Thumbs up Atlantic crossing May-June 2015 Bahamas-France

Boat owner is looking for a crew member to cross the Atlantic from the Bahamas to the French coast (Atlantic side).
The boat is a 40 foot-aluminium monohull ("Ovni"), built in 2005, in perfect shape. It is currently ending a one year tour of the Antilles Sea with the owner family. The boat is fully equiped for this Atlantic crossing (iridium sat. phone, Epirb beacon, new life raft... ).
The crew will be composed of 3 or 4 adults (including owner).
Leaving date from the Bahamas would be 10 May 2015, arrival in France would be in mid-June (via a stop in the Azores).
Cost of the crossing is offered to the crew member (food, fuel and the rest), except the cost to joining the boat in the Bahamas).
A little sailing experience is requested from the crew member.
For inquiries or offers, please write to dragon[a] saglio.org
Old 14-02-2015, 15:30   #2
wsv

Re: Atlantic crossing May-June 2015 Bahamas-France

Hi my name is Wil Van Natta. I am a 59 year old white male (I look 45), fit non-smoker, non-drinker (do not care if you do). I live on my 32' Pearson. My backround is as an oilfield diver and EMT ocean lifeguard. I have sailed the Bahamas and Cuba. I can do basic mechanics, rigging, cooking, cleaning. I can read a chart and I don't panic. I like children and enjoying marine activities with them.. I have lived in Spain, Malta, Egypt and England. I do not speak any other language but have picked up basics quickly before.
My passport is current. I do not panic.
I would like the opportunity to join your crew if you think I would fit in.
Wil
realitynewsradio@gmail.com
Old 15-02-2015, 15:47   #3

Boat: Columbia 57

Sent you a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 19-02-2015, 16:20   #4

Hello. I would like to be part of this crew. At this time I am in the Bahamas sailing.
My experience is 3 years of continuos sailing and living on one of my 2 sailboats. I have done the great loop on a 26' Paceship sailboat and now 2 years using my 34' C&C. Total distance is approx 14,000 miles sailing and motoring solo. I want to cross the Atlantic Ocean at least once with others before I try to do the same trip solo. If I understand correctly my cost would be to be in the Bahamas for May 2015. If you have an interest in my possibility of being part of the crew and want more information please let me know. Nostress9071@gmail.com
Old 25-02-2015, 08:29   #5

Not sure what has happened but I do not seem to have received a reply to my inquiry about this posting.
Old 19-03-2015, 14:46   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to ruby1984

Hi Bluebound,

I am currently cycling around the world for charity. I have completed 40,000 kms taking me through Europe, Asia and Australiasia. In 2007/08 I sailed across Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. I have my Day Skipper's licence. Unfortunately I have not sailed properly for about 3 years so a little rusty but would be very keen to join your crew. I am flexible with dates. I landed in Hawaii yesterday and will be heading to San Francisco next week to start cycling through USA so can head in any direction including towards the Islands ofd Bahamas to reach your boat for departure. My email is rubinasoorty@hotmail.com and website www. rubyrideon. com. best wishes Ruby

Tags
atlantic crossing, Bahamas, France