Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2011, 01:53   #31

Boat: Amel Maramu 1978 46'
Re: Around the World Sailing

Ciao Laura, The boat this week, will be leaving the Balearics, we arrived the beginning of August and have already sailed Ibiza, Formentera and Mallorca. The plan now is the Cost Blanc, the Cost del Sol, the straight of Gib., Cadice, Arch of Madeira and then arriving the first of October in the Canary Islands.
The Atlantic crossing is scheduled for mid November, stopping along the way in Cape Verde, then onto the Grenadas. The food costs are a flat 12 euro daily which includes 3 meals and moderate drinking. Eventual gas and marinas are divided amongst the crew members. Plus 20 euro daily for boat expenses.
We have 3 permanent crew members, Stefano, Italiano and skipper. Gabriele, Retired, Italiano, who cooks, cleans and helps out Stefano with the navigation. And myself, Barbara, American, owner, and I am the jolly, usually doing a bit of everything. Between the three of us, we have the experience and knowledge to do the job. But an extra hand is already appreciated. B
Old 23-08-2011, 11:41   #32

Hi Barbara
I wrote you a mail in your private address, please let me know if you have received it
Thanks ciao
Laura
Old 23-08-2011, 23:23   #33

Hey Laura, yes I got it. B
Old 26-08-2011, 08:32   #34

Hello,
SunBurn Red here, do you need a storage/supply/cook/crew member of your team?
Old 26-08-2011, 08:49   #35

With a name like SBR??? Are you kidding? Always looking for competent crew members, especially those who know how to use sunscreen. B
Old 04-09-2011, 10:20   #36

Love to hear about your trip and crew. Any web site or blog? In English?
Old 05-09-2011, 22:46   #37

Re: Around-the-World Sailing

Good Day Lazy Jack, No web site of as yet. Working on our blog. Will let you know when ready. B
Old 10-09-2011, 09:47   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maramu 46 View Post
Hello again, Stefano here. My wife says that I need to loos'n up, so here goes.
We are the proud owners of an Amel Maramu ocean prepared. Looking for crew members form mid June 2011 untill....who can; 1. pay their own way, 2. give a hand when needed, 3. be patient with a multilingual and aged group.
Most of the crew members are Italians. My wife, (the lady who gives the orders, she told me to say that) is American. Most crew members chew a bit of English. I myself, in the heat of the moment, tend to forget, but I will try my best! If you can understand... plias giva mia u coka... then there will be no problems!!!
We will be stopping in Croatia, the Southern tip of Italy, the Eolian Islands, the Southern tip of Sardegnia, the Balearic islands (August), then moving onto the Canaries waiting for the "weather window" for the Atlantic crossing in Novembre. Hopefully arriving in the Caribean around Christmas.
Signing off, Stefano
Hello.....where are you now?
Old 10-09-2011, 11:02   #39

We are in Marbella, after 7 days of 20 + kn on the bow, finally have found good weather. Heading towards the straight, boat has thus performed well and the crew are brillant. Looking forward to the Archipelago of Madeira. B
Old 13-09-2011, 04:08   #40

Ahoy Maramu 46
Saw your post for a crew position, so I figured I would drop a line to see if it might be a good fit for us both. About myself-I am an early retired 36 y.o. male seeking blue water experience before purchasing a boat of my own for round the world cruising. I call Alaska home (US citizen and passport holder), but am currently in Spain after completing the Camino de Santiago.I speak fluent Spanish (helps with Italian and Portugese) and English. Spent the last decade running Arctic and sub Arctic expeditions and have extensive experience in logistical, social...etc. issues related to entirely self-sufficient, small group travel in completely isolated environments. I also stay calm, collected and logical in the event of emergencies. Emergency medical technician trained, and not a bad camp cook with tons of experience making the most out of whatever ingredients might be around. Carpentry and mechanical skills.
I´ve got American Sailing Assoc 101 and 103 certifications with coastal cruising experience in northern waters of Alaska and west coat US. I love to live well and enjoy myself, and always have my harmonica around for some foot-stomping, hand-clapping musical fun. Would like to discuss costs more with you. Am currently in Zaragoza, ready to go immediately and could meet you in a day or two at any port in Spain or Portugal.
If this sounds like I might work for you, I look forward to hearing from you.
cheers,
Ned
Old 29-09-2011, 23:03   #41

The boat is currently in Lanzarote. You can contact Stefano at +39.347.9267989.
Old 27-10-2011, 22:01   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maramu 46 View Post
Hello again, Stefano here. My wife says that I need to loos'n up, so here goes.
We are the proud owners of an Amel Maramu ocean prepared. Looking for crew members form mid June 2011 untill....who can; 1. pay their own way, 2. give a hand when needed, 3. be patient with a multilingual and aged group.
Most of the crew members are Italians. My wife, (the lady who gives the orders, she told me to say that) is American. Most crew members chew a bit of English. I myself, in the heat of the moment, tend to forget, but I will try my best! If you can understand... plias giva mia u coka... then there will be no problems!!!
We will be stopping in Croatia, the Southern tip of Italy, the Eolian Islands, the Southern tip of Sardegnia, the Balearic islands (August), then moving onto the Canaries waiting for the "weather window" for the Atlantic crossing in Novembre. Hopefully arriving in the Caribean around Christmas.
Signing off, Stefano

Hi, Stefano
I have been travelling South America since last Dec when my trip began in Buenos Aires. Like all the good things my trip is coming to its end asnd I thought it would be great to learn sailing and having a good time while helping out on a sailing boat in the Cribbean. Would be perfct for me to hop on in some of the Caribbean isllands... I have no earlier experience but eager to learn! I like all kinds of adventures/ activities, have no problem with sharing expences as long as those are reasonable. Please contact me on lellsson@hotmail.com
/Joakim
Old 30-10-2011, 13:58   #43

Boat: Colvic, Sea Rover, 28', Albatross

25 yr old male with almost as much time at the tiller. Certified sailing instructer. Extensive racing, cruising, and rowing experience. Multi-cultural, I can almost read spanish, and speak kitchen-mexican. Longest time at sea: 9 days, solo. I've also done yacht deliveries in Fl. Currently living in Limbo (figuratively speaking) in the Fl panhandle. I can pay for my own airfare.

have a great day
Max
please call
850-582-9274 USA

Tags
sailing, round the world