Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 11:40   #1
mct

Boat: catamaran, 50'
ARC2010 Canaries / St Lucia 2nd Nov-Dec 2010 Girl Crew Spot on Shared-Costs Catamaran

Mojomo is off on the ARC again, 2006 boat setting out on 9th transat. I have a sensible american 24yr old crew (f) and one more space to make 5 crew total so i am sorta looking for one more female crew to share big twin aft cabin. 50 ft catamaran, blog.mailasail/mojomo google tcmvideo on youtube for a slideshow of one trip...

You need to have done enough sailing to know you don't get seasick, intelligence to remember important things, sense of adventure to er want to come at all, be okay about highish speeds in catamaran (surfs to 20knots but generally 7-9 knots), know how to cook reasonably well (we share cooking, each crew takes a turn every four days at being Mother) and be ok about sharing costs. I do lotsa show and tell so won't assume incredible know-it-all sailing abilities - it's just a nicer cruise if we have bodies to do watches and call people up if stuff happens.

Costs: I pay everything i would pay if going alone, you pay the extra costs of"you coming along" ie you pay your flights to and from the boat, ARC crew fee£70 for parties etc before and after, and share of Grand Food Shopping expedition - likely 300-350 euros. yeah, we can adjust that currency mix.

Anyways let me know - send me an email to noteasytoremember at hotmail dot com.

Matt
Old 22-10-2010, 16:09   #2

Boat: Meta Arctic Voyager 47
Send a message via AIM to northwestsailor Send a message via Skype™ to northwestsailor
Available for ARC 2010

I am not female but I have 5 sisters so feel very comfortable around women. I am 60 years old and happily married. I own my own 46 ft. sailboat in the Pacific Northwest. I will be sailing another boat just like mine from Gibraltar to Las Palmas leaving November 1st and should be there about the 5th or 6th. If you could possibly make room for one more I would be most appreciative. I am a vegetarian for about 40 years but I can cook pretty well for a guy. I am very fit and ski from my home in Jackson Hole all winter.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Victor Raymond
Old 22-10-2010, 17:27   #3

Boat: a sailing boat
Considering changing sex right now ...

Hang an advert at Sailors' - there is always a crowd of people looking for boats there, you will probably have a match in no time.

Cheers,
barnie
b.
Old 22-10-2010, 18:41   #4

Boat: Meta Arctic Voyager 47
Send a message via AIM to northwestsailor Send a message via Skype™ to northwestsailor
Talking

Thanks Barnie for your quick reply. I will follow up with your suggestion and in any case see you in Las Palmas and see how you like me after the operation!!!!

Tags
arc, Canaries, St Lucia