Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2014, 11:23   #1

Boat: Catalina Morgan 440
ARC+; Canary Islands to St. Lucia

I am looking for a couple to join me on a sail from the Canary Islands to the Caribbean starting in early November 2014. My boat is a fairly new, well equipped 46' sloop that crossed the Atlantic already earlier this year. I am sailing in the ARC+ regatta along with about 300 other boats. We will leave Las Palmas in November, sail 850 miles south to the Cape Verde islands, then 2200 miles across the Atlantic to St. Lucia in the Caribbean. Our expected arrival date is approximately Dec 5, 2014.

I would like to have experienced crew that can handle basic navigation, solo watches and help with various boat tasks as needed along the way. If this sounds interesting to you, please contact me at 'alexanderaboard@gmail.com' as soon as possible.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:21   #2

Re: ARC+; Canary Islands to St. Lucia

Hi Bill! I am on my way down to Tenerife and Gran Canaria at the end of this month. I am looking for a crew position (contribution or unpaid) on a boat to cross the Atlantic. I don't fit your requirements, being single and without experience, but I thought maybe you will know someone who I could contact. Or perhaps we can meet and I could help you prepare your boat for the crossing? I will have a lot of time on my hands when I arrive to the islands and would be pleased to help where I can. Unfortunately I wasn't able to learn sailing techniques here in Ireland where I am now so any experience around boats or capable sailors would be valuable to me

By the way, have you found your crew yet?
Old 19-09-2014, 03:14   #3

Hello , my name is Aviad S/Y Skipper with 3000nm +-, PADI dive master and a good cook 27 y.o from Israel ...
me and my girlfriend Olga 25 y.o (deckhand
we have just finish sailing on lagoon 450 cat for one month time...
We are looking to Cross the Atlantic we will be happy to join you n run the boat ,have fun and get more exoerience.
Im also a mechnic ( Graduate of the Naval Academy- marine mechanical Department ) .
I have extensive experience in outbord & onbord maintenance of sailing yhacts ,cargo ships ... in water (diving ) Propellers and body cleaning , cathodic protection...end more ...
we can talk in
+34602134781
Skype aviad.ron
or email ronaviad@gmail.com
Regards Aviad & olga
Old 04-10-2014, 01:29   #4

Boat: Catalina Morgan 440

Thanks to all for the many responses to this posting. I have filled the crew position and am no longer looking for crew. I would delete the posting, but do not know how to do that.

Tags
arc, St Lucia