Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2015, 22:18   #1

ARC 2015

Planning to take part in ARC 2015. Need someone volontary to sail my boat to Las Palmas from South of Scandinavia. Possible to take part in the rally. Kind regards Tobbas.
Old 26-01-2015, 00:52   #2

Re: ARC 2015

I'm in. do you have any of the specifics? what? when? who? where?
Old 26-01-2015, 04:08   #3

hi. Need someone to sail my boat from the South of Scandinavia or North of Germany to the South of Portugal. Spain or Gibraltar.

i am planning to take part in the ARC and I have to be i Las Palmas in the end of October at the latest.

My boat is a Bavaria 39 cruiser from 2005.
Kind Regards Torsand
Old 26-01-2015, 04:11   #4

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsand View Post
hi. Need someone to sail my boat from the South of Scandinavia or North of Germany to the South of Portugal. Spain or Gibraltar.

i am planning to take part in the ARC and I have to be i Las Palmas in the end of October at the latest.

My boat is a Bavaria 39 cruiser from 2005.
Kind Regards Torsand
Hello Torsand and welcome aboard.

You might get a bit more response if you can be more specific. A straight run from scandinavia to the Canaries is 3-4 weeks non-stop. Perhaps if you can provide a few more details

carsten

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
Old 26-01-2015, 09:07   #5

Hi Carsten. I was thinking more like aa etap to the South of Portugal. Spain or Gibraltar andtake the last jump from there. Torsand
Old 26-01-2015, 09:44   #6

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsand View Post
Hi Carsten. I was thinking more like aa etap to the South of Portugal. Spain or Gibraltar andtake the last jump from there. Torsand
Not meaning to question your trip planning, but Gilbratar is a 3-4 day sail from Cabo San Vicente. So it is a long run in and then a long run out again.

A run from Cuxhafen to Sagres is something like 2-3 weeks (all depending on wind/weather). Cuxhafen to La Corana is maybe 10 days.

But there are a lot of "ifs" in there. General wisdom says that the latest time to cross the Biscay is end august/ very early September or else you might get hit by autumn storms.

I think you might want to study the weather patterns before making further plans. If you have no other resources, Cornell World Crusing Routes can help a bit.

Personally, I'd leave to cross the Biscay no later than end August and try to get down the coast of Portugal. Weather permitting, I'd lay over in Porto, Figuero da Foz, Lisbon to see the sights. Then I would take R&R in Sagres for a few days (nothing to do there, but you can rent a car and drive around a bit.

The strike out for the canaries. This will put you in the canaries early or mid october. Just in time for a long vacation before setting out on the ARC.

But you do need to do some more detailed planning on this.

carsten

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
Old 26-01-2015, 09:49   #7

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

And I guess another question

You say "I'm looking for someone to sail my boat from southern scandiavia to the canaries - so are you looking for adelivery skipper? or crew (meaning you will be sailing yourself and just need crew).

Is this a paid position?

I might be interested, so if you want you can PM me with the details

(I'm a yachtmaster Ocean, LRC radio certificate, Class A ham license)

Old 26-01-2015, 10:16   #8

Carsten. I am grateful for all the advise i can get. But if I shall pay the entrancefee to the ARC+ i must be sure to get my boat as Close as possible Before the jump over to the Canaries.

Regarding payed position i leave it open for negoiation.
Old 27-01-2015, 04:42   #9
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Also take a look at the Atlantic odyssey instead of the arc, highly recommended with lots of route options.

Tags
arc