Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2015, 20:25   #1

Boat: Tartan 27
Anytime, anywhere (short notice ok)

Hello,

I have crewed on many deliveries from Trinidad to Maine and points in-between . It’s something I truly enjoy.

I have a USCG Captain Licence with Sail Endorsement; 17,000 nm in all types of weather; a calm temperament that is conducive to passages. Great at night watches. I don't drink or smoke.

I am 50, fit enough to do most tasks. Early retiree (at 42). I have no shore commitments so length of trip is usually not a problem. Financially secure. I don't do this for the money.

None-the-less, I typically ask for airfare to and from your boat (I live in Washington, DC), all on-board food plus $100/day. I believe my experience warrants this. That being said, I can (and have) waive(d) all of these for particularly interesting trips. On that note, I will waive my daily fee for a cross Atlantic passage.

Please tell me about yourself, your experience, other crew and of course the boat, its' equipment and your destination.

I am particularly interested in regular runs. That is, owners and captains who move boats seasonally.

More information is on my sailing resume which is available upon request. Recommendations from former captains and owners are also available.

Thank you for your consideration and fair winds,

Greg
Old 23-06-2015, 06:38   #2

Re: Anytime, anywhere (short notice ok)

Greg,
I'm looking to relocate my catamaran from BVI to ST Pete, FL area. I had a captain lined up but his wife just had surgery so now he's out. I have 2 or three other guys interested and can help crew but not experienced enough for blue water.
The boat is a 4600 Robertson and Caine 2008 hull, ex Moorings charter that we have owned since new. It was crewed for 6 years and then bareboated the last two. Originally in Bahamas for 2 years then the last 6 in BVI. It's finished its phase out and ready to go.
Equipment on board : liferaft, GPS chartplotter with charts to FL
No EPIRB (which I can remedy before we leave) or SSB.

As for myself, I am 52 years old and have up to an ASA 6 certification and am working towards my captains license. I have sailed this boat, never blue watered it. My only blue water experience has been a 200nm round trip Pt Charlotte to Dry Tortugas as first mate on a 51' Formosa.

I am hoping to leave sooner than later and hope to avoid hurricane season. It should be a nice downwind run for us. With good weather I suppose we could make the sail direct in 7-8 days. Feel free to PM me for a phone number and we can talk.

Joe Pace
Andiamo
Bradenton FL
Old 17-07-2015, 11:08   #3

Re: Anytime, anywhere (short notice ok)

Needed- shipmate

to help motor 42 ft power-cat (africat) from sarasota FL to the great lakes in MI. Coming up TN river to the Ohio to mississippi to illinois to chicago. All expenses paid. My name is Paul. I am 57 years old and in good health. Would love to find an easygoing, older, experienced, boater to assist in transport. No hard work involved. The boat is in very good condition with 400 hrs on it. Has very large fuel range and all the comforts of home. My new home port will be in lake st. claire MI. If this interests you, please call me at 248-417-9354 or email me at ppkeech@comcast.net.