Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2016, 06:38   #1

Boat: Rival 36
Antigua to US East Coast with ARC USA

Looking for up to three people (one double and one single cabin) for trip to Norfolk from Antigua on UK registered Southerly 42. Boat joining ARC USA rally from Tortola to Norfolk via Bermuda. I need help with the trip as my wife is going back to the UK at the end of the month before rejoining later in the US. We completed the Atlantic crossing last year with four crew and seemed like a good number. Cruising the Caribbean since. Ideally crew would be able to help fix things as I'm not a great boat mechanic. Must also be willing to share tasks like cooking and cleaning and be able and confident to stand a night watch. Boat eight years old and well equipped for ocean crossings. Leaving Antigua in April, Tortola at beginning of May, arriving US end of May. Skipper (me) RYA Yachtmaster Offshore with 16,000 miles and two Atlantic crossings.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 10-03-2016, 16:38   #2

Boat: 19' Lightning
Re: Antigua to US East Coast with ARC USA

Might be interested. I have 5000+ Offshore miles, have owned more than a dozen boats.

Old 12-03-2016, 17:07   #3

My wife Cindy and I are interested in joining you for the ARC USA rally. We are both competent for night watches. We are happy to share all tasks with you. I am an electrician with good electronic, electrical and mechanical skills. Cindy is the Registrar at a private university in St. Paul, Minnesota. We have experience chartering on Lake Superior and sailing in the BVI and the east coast of the U.S. Our schedules will allow us to join you from Tortola to Norfolk.
Thanks,
Mike and Cindy
Old 13-03-2016, 12:28   #4

Mike. Have sent you a private message. Martin

Old 14-03-2016, 06:56   #5

I could be interested. I am a little older but acn fix things and am in good shape. Can stand watch and keep thing clean. What are the financial aspects of the trip?
Old 14-03-2016, 16:13   #6

Boat: Oday sloop 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingmartin View Post
Looking for up to three people (one double and one single cabin) for trip to Norfolk from Antigua on UK registered Southerly 42. Boat joining ARC USA rally from Tortola to Norfolk via Bermuda. I need help with the trip as my wife is going back to the UK at the end of the month before rejoining later in the US. We completed the Atlantic crossing last year with four crew and seemed like a good number. Cruising the Caribbean since. Ideally crew would be able to help fix things as I'm not a great boat mechanic. Must also be willing to share tasks like cooking and cleaning and be able and confident to stand a night watch. Boat eight years old and well equipped for ocean crossings. Leaving Antigua in April, Tortola at beginning of May, arriving US end of May. Skipper (me) RYA Yachtmaster Offshore with 16,000 miles and two Atlantic crossings.

I am a positive man of many accomplishments ready to take on any challenge given and yes always with a smile. I am a true team player ready to expand my skills back out on the place I love, the ocean. I am a lucky father of two young adults that are happy and healthy and now on their own. I am sure you would find me more than adapt at any situation, bringing honesty and integrity to all I endeavor in this life. I Started out sailing / racing sunfish and lazier at age 7 moving up and on to local racing out of Hempstead harbor S.C. G.C. yacht clubs, first aid/ CPR certified N.Y. State Ocean Life guard Jones Beach 1982-83’, 1988’-1997’ sport fishing out of Hillsboro Florida, 32 foot Sea Ray and deep water Scuba certified running 28 foot Allman dive boat, 1st. Mate Carrol Ann commercial longline fishing the Yucatan to the banks out of Dayna cut Hollywood FL, Now sailing the east coast 1999’ to present, 2012’ on my 28 O’day, lasted race J-44 Vineyard race etc. And now USCG OUPV Capitan up grading to 100 ton masters towing and sailing endorsements and slamming chef nick named King Food resume please email below.
thank you.

Paul Kramer

email : urockto@optonline.net
Old 19-03-2016, 17:20   #7

Thanks to all who replied but we now have a full crew. Looking forward to the trip. Best wishes. Martin

Tags
Antigua, arc, east coast