Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2010, 13:28   #1

Boat: Bruce Roberts 45
Annapolis to Fort Lauderdale 1st Week Of October, 2010

Hi,

I am seeking crew (one, perhaps two) to assist with the delivery of my Bruce Roberts 45 from Annapolis, MD area to Fort Lauderdale, FL departing end of September, 10 to 14 days total for the trip.

Route will be Chesapeake Bay to Norfolk into ICW to Beaufort, NC then coastal with two or three stops.

There will be overnight passages and crew will need to have some sailing and watch-keeping experience along with the ability and willingness to pitch-in with all general tasks aboard (like taking a turn cooking and cleaning).

I will cover food & drink while aboard and travel (one way) between Baltimore-Washington and Fort Lauderdale airports, if needed.

Good trip to build miles.
Let me know if you are interested. Thanks.

I am also inviting Captains to bid on this delivery as an option for me to not take time away from my job!

You can email me at mtsusa at hotmail dot com
Old 21-08-2010, 14:14   #2

Boat: beneteau 36 oceanus
Delivery Skipper Art Steffey

Yes I can help you on your voyage to Ft. Lauderdale. I am familiar with all legs of this trip. Send me a PM and I'll give you the link to my website, or you can email me at: artsteffey <at> yahoo <dot> com
Old 21-08-2010, 22:09   #3

Interested in crewing, whoever skippers.
12000 blue water miles in the last 4 years.
TerranBJ att Aol dott ccomm
Old 21-08-2010, 22:16   #4

Tried to put my resume in the place on this site. Impossible.
So...(Sorry about this...)
Formal training: (ASA Certifications)

Basic Keelboat - April 2003

Basic Coastal Cruising / Bareboat Charter - December 2003

Coastal Navigation - January 2005

Advanced Coastal Cruising - February 2005

Basic Keelboat INSTRUCTOR - April 2004 (#200400321)

Cruising Catamaran - November 2006

Pleasure cruising history: (One week bareboat charters)

May 2004 Moorings 43 Catamaran, crew/helm, BVI

June 2005 Sunsail Catalina 350, Captain, Chesapeake

November 2005, 42’ Catamaran, crew/helm, Abacos

May 2006, Sunsail Jeneau 42S, First Mate, St. Vincent and the Grenadines

October 2006, Jeneau 42S, Crew/Helm, Chesapeake

Spring 2007 , Ft. Lauderdale to Key Largo, and return, via Miami Beach Marina and Biscayne Bay

March 29- April 6, 2008 42’ Catamaran, First Mate, BVI
April 7- 13, 42’ Catamaran, Crew/Helm, Spanish Virgins
(On April 13th I flew to Abacos to serve as crew on the Marisol delivery to Chesapeake, detailed below.

2004-2008 4 sailing trips in the Pensacola / Perdido Bay area, 4 days each.

2003-Present, member of Passport Sailing Club, Lake Lanier in Georgia. Frequent sailing and regattas on a fleet of 18 sailing vessels, 22’ with tiller and outboard up to 28’ with wheel and inboard diesel.

Work history in Sailing:
2004 - Present : Staff member, Lanier Sailing Academy, Lake Lanier. Teach 8-10 Basic Keelboat classes per year, conduct sunset sails, etc, and serve as a fill in dock master when needed.

Deliveries:
To date I have sailed approximately 12,000 blue water miles on deliveries, standing watches generally 3 hours on , 6 hours off. I can cook while underway, and make general repairs to most systems. Proficient in most instrumentation and systems found on modern sailing vessels. (Includes radar, sonar, chart plotter, auto pilot, AIS, and all radio systems.)

43’ Cheoy Lee Schooner, IZURDE, Crew/Helm, from Deal, Chesapeake to Westport, Mass via the CD canal (motored the canal at night).
Spring 2007.

43’ Cheoy Lee Ketch, MARISOL, Crew/Helm
Solomon, Chesapeake to Abacos, (Fall 2007) (On this delivery, while underway, I disassembled, repaired, and reassembled the marine head. It wasn’t pretty!)
Abacos to Solomon,
(Spring 2008)
Solomon to Charleston, (Fall of 2008)
Charleston to Solomon vicinity. (Spring 2009)

52’ Beneteau Sloop, JALAUR, Crew/Helm, with stops at Bermuda:
Mystic to St. Thomas (Fall of 2007)
St. Thomas to Mystic (Spring of 2008)
Mystic to St. Thomas (Fall of 2008)

52’ Cutter, DREAMWEAVER, Crew/Helm
Bermuda to St. Martin , November 2007
(on this delivery, we lost the engine in a storm, sailed in the 60 knot winds, lost and replaced the jib the next day after sending a man aloft to retrieve the halyard, and anchored under sail at night in St. Martin 6 days after the storm.)

40’ Swan sloop, ESTRELLA DEL SUR, First Mate (and Shellback!!)
Lima, Peru to Key West, via the Panama Canal
April 29-June 1, 2009

42’ Cheoy Lee Schooner, LYDIA GREEN, First mate
Marathon Fla, to Dry Tortugas, on to Corpus Christi.
April 13-30, 2010
Old 22-08-2010, 10:26   #5

Dear Sir,
In response to your advertisment re delivery to Frt Lauderdale, please find attached my current biography detailing qualifications and experience.
I'm presently in Greek / Aegaen waters working on motor boats, but am available as of September.
My mobile nbr: +30 6979 038939 or +30 6980 688690.
Please be so kind as to let me know if I can be of assistance.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Michael Theodorou
Attached Files
File Type: doc MICHAEL THEODOROU CV - OCTOBER 2009 word 97-03 format.doc (52.0 KB, 225 views)
Old 23-08-2010, 17:23   #6

Crew Available

Hi! I live in Baltimore and have done the trip down to Ft. Lauderdale once before although all on the outside. I have about 10,000 miles of ocean/caribbean sailing plus over ten years sailing on the Chesapeake.

E-mail me back if you are interested in talking more. My e-mail is greenwatersailor att gmail dot comm

Thanks! Mike
Old 24-08-2010, 04:30   #7
Marine Service Provider

I have just returned from a Miami- Virginia delivery and saw your post. Feel free to contact me by PM for qualifications and more of what I do. I can provide references from previous delivered boats' owners. Scott
Old 24-08-2010, 07:29   #8

I am very interested in becoming a part of your crew for your Annapolis to Fort Lauderdale delivery. I made this trip last October and I look forward to doing it again. Please contact me for my sailing resume and any other information you require.

Vaughan1737@comcast.net
Old 24-08-2010, 15:29   #9

Boat: Bruce Roberts 45
Thanks to all who replied

Thanks to all who replied to my post. I have a very busy few days ahead but should be able to start responding to you individually within the next day or two.
Old 25-08-2010, 17:54   #10

Boat: Meta Arctic Voyager 47
Send a message via AIM to northwestsailor Send a message via Skype™ to northwestsailor
I own a 45' Jeanneau 45.2 and have sailed primarily in the San Juan Islands in the Pacific NorthWest. With the tides and winds coming of the Pacific we have some pretty good standing waves at times. I would be very interested in helping you with your boat and I am fairly free at the time. I will just be coming back from a trip myself up the Inside Passage of the coast of BC. Please let me know if I can help you out. I am 60 years old but extremely fit and able to stand long watches.
Old 27-08-2010, 14:30   #11

Boat: Jeanneau 43DS
Send a message via Skype™ to scotttobin
Hi,

I'd love to go. Here's me:

I'm a 48 year old retired, single guy, looking to gain some experience sailing, and to see some fun locations with some fun crew members. I'm easy going, but very organized, and very safety conscious when it comes to sailing. I like to drink a beer or two, and hope to find some fun folks who could use a good pair of hands on their boat.

I've mostly done recreational sailing on small waters, but recently made an ocean passage from South Carolina to Annapolis. I feel very confident in my abilities to help as a deckhand or handle the helm, and to learn quickly. I took (more than) my share of watches, both day and night, so I'm very comfortable underway. I can definitely help out with cooking, and all other aspects of maintenance and boat work, but I'm far from being a chef. I'm very mechanically inclined, so I can usually troubleshoot most any problem. I'm also a private pilot and love all aspects of navigation, so I feel very comfortable charting, navigating, etc. I'd like to find a fun crew to do some cruising with in bigger waters to some fun locations.

Would love to hear from you.

Scott
Old 27-08-2010, 20:17   #12

Boat: Meta Arctic Voyager 47
Send a message via AIM to northwestsailor Send a message via Skype™ to northwestsailor
Hello Scott,
I have a boat but am not looking for crew. I was just offering to help crew. Sorry for the confusion. Hope you find a boat
Old 28-08-2010, 06:13   #13
cp1

Hello - I replied to your posting on your other email, just wondering if you received it ? capt doug - cp1
Old 28-08-2010, 06:18   #14
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
I would certainly recommend Art Stefy -post #3- he’s about as good as they come!
Old 29-08-2010, 21:05   #15

Lauderdale

Any chance you could leave earlier? Live in Fort Myers and have a charter this week in Rock Hall...

Lets talk...239-633-8935....10 years sailing experience and going on a divorce...

Tags
annapolis