Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2015, 05:14   #16

Boat: Amel Sharki 39
Re: American Deckhands And Cook needed For Tallship Work In Cuba.

Greetings. I have 20+ years offshore experience and the seasoned skill sets you are looking for. My home base is Kittery Point, ME. Very interested in learning more about your crew positions. Thanks.
Old 30-10-2015, 07:54   #17

Hello,
I am very interested in the deckhand position. I am currently wrapping up a full season a 110' gaff rigged schooner. My formal education is in Ecology and I have experience running a variety of outdoor education programs, including a shipboard environmental education program on the Hudson River Estuary in New York State. I have sailed and worked on multiple gaff rigged tallships. I would love to send you my resume and references as well as learn more about this position.

Cheers,
Sarah
Srhrmr@gmail.com
Old 31-10-2015, 07:45   #18

Boat: 1970 hinckley 38 / 1975 john alden boothbay challenger 58

thanks for all the interest guys. gotten lots of good applicants for deckhands, still need more and still lookinf for some good applicants for mates and a cook as well please note that for a mates position you need a USCG 100ton mate or mate near coastal license.
Old 31-10-2015, 11:51   #19

Boat: 51 ft S.F. Pilot Ship (Work Boat)
Send a message via Skype™ to cptndob

heloo,

I am interested in your crew position aboard your sailing vessel. I have had a Coast Guard Ocean Operator's License 30 years ago when I had a small sport fishing boat. I have a degree in Oceanography and a Doctorate in Construction Management. I have eleven years of Commercial Diving experience for Oceaneering International with both Surface supplied "Bounce" and "Saturation" Diving Systems in the Gulf of Mexico. I have worked on everything from semi-submersible Oil Platforms to River Barges. I am experienced or familiar with all underwater and above water technical marine operations and equipment.
I have a passion for Sailing and claim the ability from experience to pilot or crew all Power Vessels up to 150 feet, all sailing vessels from a simple Sloop to a Schooner. I have no gaff-rigged experience but I don't see that as a limitation in asset to my overall performance abilities including an electronic and celestial navigation expertise. I am a good mechanicic also.
I am an older fellow, still in excellent physical condition, team oriented, with leadership skills. I grew up on Long Island, New York and have sailed/powered the east coast twice down to Key West. I currently live on the ICW in St. Augustine FL. I am retired from 24 years of Building Construction and I have no schedule at this time. I hope to invest in another large vessel eventually and I would like to stay involved with a Marine agenda. Your crew requirement and scientific mission sounds like a tremendous opportunity. I hope that you have a need for someone with my abilities. Your best chance to get me is through text @ 904-325-1027. Have a good day.==== AL
Old 07-11-2015, 13:50   #20

first of all: thank you very much to all the people who have contacted me. the mates and captains positions at this point are filled. what I am still in need of are some deckhands who have gaff rig experience and that re comfortable working aloft. I also am in need of bosun who is proficient in all manner of marlinspike seamanship. thanks very much.
Old 08-11-2015, 14:55   #21

Greetings!
Anthony Smith-Rodriguez here just finishing a season of organic farm work in upstate New York,and ready to head south for the winter. I'm looking to crew on a boat heading to the Caribbean within the next few weeks. I am looking for an unpaid position and am willing to contribute to a shared cost arrangement. I have maritime experience both in coastal cruising(around Puerto Rico, USVI and BVI), and as deckhand on a 200ft high speed passenger ferry(MV Athena). I am also a leather and canvas worker, and apprenticed at a marine canvas shop doing mostly boat covers, shades, upholstery and sail repair. I have a current US Passport, am fully bilingual(English/Spanish), able bodied and eager to contribute to any and all tasks required on board any type of vessel. I am currently in Westport, NY, right on Lake Champlain, and would be able to meet up with a boat at any location along the eastern seaboard, or in the Bahamas. I would be interested in either a cruise down the ICW or a straight crossing towards the Bahamas. I would be disembarking either in Puerto Rico(My homeport) or any of the surrounding islands(Dominican Republic, Vieques, Culebra, USVI or BVI). I'm ready to leave anytime after the 16th of November(sooner if required). Please feel free to contact me at antoinebags@gmai.com. I can make phone contact at a prearranged time, as I am in a signalless region of the Adirondacks. I appreciate your consideration in having me as part of your crew, and look forward to being back on deck.
Anthony Smith-Rodriguez
PS: My CV also includes aquaculture/aquaponic farm work and archaeology. I am greatly interested in your mission, and hope to hearing from you.
FB: Taller Caribe Rincon
Old 08-11-2015, 15:47   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinebags View Post
Greetings!
Anthony Smith-Rodriguez here just finishing a season of organic farm work in upstate New York,and ready to head south for the winter. I'm looking to crew on a boat heading to the Caribbean within the next few weeks. I am looking for an unpaid position and am willing to contribute to a shared cost arrangement. I have maritime experience both in coastal cruising(around Puerto Rico, USVI and BVI), and as deckhand on a 200ft high speed passenger ferry(MV Athena). I am also a leather and canvas worker, and apprenticed at a marine canvas shop doing mostly boat covers, shades, upholstery and sail repair. I have a current US Passport, am fully bilingual(English/Spanish), able bodied and eager to contribute to any and all tasks required on board any type of vessel. I am currently in Westport, NY, right on Lake Champlain, and would be able to meet up with a boat at any location along the eastern seaboard, or in the Bahamas. I would be interested in either a cruise down the ICW or a straight crossing towards the Bahamas. I would be disembarking either in Puerto Rico(My homeport) or any of the surrounding islands(Dominican Republic, Vieques, Culebra, USVI or BVI). I'm ready to leave anytime after the 16th of November(sooner if required). Please feel free to contact me at antoinebags@gmai.com. I can make phone contact at a prearranged time, as I am in a signalless region of the Adirondacks. I appreciate your consideration in having me as part of your crew, and look forward to being back on deck.
Anthony Smith-Rodriguez
PS: My CV also includes aquaculture/aquaponic farm work and archaeology. I am greatly interested in your mission, and hope to hearing from you.
FB: Taller Caribe Rincon
thanks for your interest, unfortunately we won't be going to puerto rico, the bahamas or the VI's.
Old 09-11-2015, 15:03   #23

Still in need of crew? I am a very experienced sailor, having raced and cruised sail and power boats for 40+ years. Skilled navigator, able to stand any watches, and pretty strong and wily for an older guy (61). Lots of wood boat experience and interest. Oh, and I can cook pretty well, although not to chef standards. Just finished coursework for 100T Master's license. Let me know if you'd like to talk more.

Dennis
Old 13-11-2015, 11:56   #24

Boat: 19' Lightning

Interested, 40 yrs sailing experience 6000 offshore miles owned a bettlecat, crewed for a week on the Chessie on a 63' Pinky

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
Cuba, deckhand, deck