Aloha all eager sailors!
I will be departing Maryland
in September and would welcome competent crew, singles or couples, for all or part of a long and slow journey from the East coast
to the West coast
of the US. There will be no rush but I want to be in Panama
by March when the rain/lighting season ends.
Here is my plan:
to Charleston---Sept 2014- SE across Gulf Stream
to open ocean and right turn back to Charleston, SC.
2. Down cost of Florida
season officially over.
3. November-Feb- cruising the Bahamas
, Abacos. My family
will be with me for a week or three at Christmas
4. Turks to Jamaica
to Cartagena Columbia
to San Blass Islands
7. San Blass to Colon and through Canal
. ARRIVING CANAL
8. West end Canal to Cost Rica-El Salvador-Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta
, Cabo, San Diego
If you are interested:
1. You must have sailing experience, preferably some off shore. (Our longest time offshore
is only a few days on each leg. We may make longer stretches when off Mexico
2. All will share expenses, but all will have a say in those expenditures.
3. Everyone is a deck
hand and stands a watch. Everyone has a job to do. Lots to do and learn and maybe teach.
4. You can see the boat
and meet me in Maryland starting in June when I arrive to work
on the boat
and put it back in the water
. It's is 50' and a proven blue water cutter
with an impressive pedigree. Sea kindly and a dream to sail.
5. If you are a couple and one of you is the sailor and the other good at something boat-wise(cooking, maintenance
,etc., then there is a place for you both.
6. No egos or high maintenance
people on board! You know who you are so please do not take up my time with an application if you know you have trouble getting along or are prone to panic.
I am a young-old guy, recently retired, with many years of sailing experience, but I need younger minds and bodies for this long voyage. If you respond, please send a brief bio and your sailing experience long with your expectations and desires.
Warm regards and good luck on your sailing adventures.