Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2013, 17:54   #1

Boat: Bavaria Vision 44
Send a message via Skype™ to Kojiro
Aeigina (or Alimoss) to Canaries

My boat 2007 44 foot Bavaria is currently on the hard in Aegina (30 minutes by ferry from Piraeus), Greece.

I'm looking for someone (or 2) to crew for a trip to the Canaries and then eventually across the Atlantic to the Caribbean. I already have a couple of inexperienced relatives (female + male in mid 20s) so am looking for someone with at least a bit of experience. No particular age or sex although someone with some experience, sailing and other would be good, and a sense of humour. Cooking would be useful.

The deal will be to share costs (food, fuel, marinas, moorings, etc) during the trip. Repairs, maintenance, improvements at my expense. Sight seeing and meals on shore at own expense.

I will travel to Greece on 9 July and then spend a few days in the boatyard paining bottom, etc then move the boat to Alimoss (near Piraeus) for some canvass work, fueling up, food etc before heading off westwards shortly before 20 July. Plan is to travel across to Sicily, then up coats of Italy, across to France, Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco, and then Tenerife......probably by early to mid-September.

Please message me if you are interested or want to know more.
Old 26-06-2013, 22:20   #2

Boat: Bavaria Vision 44
Send a message via Skype™ to Kojiro
Re: Aeigina (or Alimoss) to Canaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
My boat 2007 44 foot Bavaria is currently on the hard in Aegina (30 minutes by ferry from Piraeus), Greece.

I'm looking for someone (or 2) to crew for a trip to the Canaries and then eventually across the Atlantic to the Caribbean. I already have a couple of inexperienced relatives (female + male in mid 20s) so am looking for someone with at least a bit of experience. No particular age or sex although someone with some experience, sailing and other would be good, and a sense of humour. Cooking would be useful.

The deal will be to share costs (food, fuel, marinas, moorings, etc) during the trip. Repairs, maintenance, improvements at my expense. Sight seeing and meals on shore at own expense.

I will travel to Greece on 9 July and then spend a few days in the boatyard paining bottom, etc then move the boat to Alimoss (near Piraeus) for some canvass work, fueling up, food etc before heading off westwards shortly before 20 July. Plan is to travel across to Sicily, then up coats of Italy, across to France, Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco, and then Tenerife......probably by early to mid-September.

Please message me if you are interested or want to know more.
I guess everyone knows that Aigina is an island just of the cost of Athens (Greece).
Old 27-06-2013, 01:37   #3

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35'

Great way to bump your post!

Pvt msg sent.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:06   #4

Mee too, private message sent. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2013, 23:31   #5

Hello Kojiro,

Saw your profile and would like to tell you a little about myself. Hopefully we'll be a good match.

I'm currently on the island of Lemnos, Greece just finishing a one month sail on a 44' catamaran. My ideal position is live aboard crew for the rest of the season (or longer). I am available immediately and can easily travel to you.

My interests include good food, sailing, friendship, classical music, The Economist magazine, language and culture. I appreciate intelligent, kind, happy people. I tremendously enjoy the agreeable company of my ship mates on trips to the beach, sightseeing, or even the homey pleasures of shopping in a vegetable market and talking to the vendor. None of those are much fun alone. But, I also enjoy time by myself to read, think, write, listen to music, breath the air and look at the fullness of the sails underway.

My diet leans toward fresh, healthy food. I don't smoke and much prefer a smoke-free boat.

I am a gay, American, an atheist, a liberal and a capitalist. I just retired from founding and running three small businesses. I was only a fair business man. I'm book smart with a bad business sense. But, my strengths pulled me through: hard work, long hours, seeking out enjoyable work, congenial clients, relentlessly saving and investing. I'm 66 years old and except for a few aches and pains, healthy and strong.

My sailing skills are some where between fair and good. I am able to hoist a sail, assist in a tack, drop an anchor, set a bridal, swab a deck, tie a knot, put out bumpers, pump the bilge, follow directions, swat a fly and wash dishes. The more I learn, the more I can appreciate the dynamics between the sails, the wind, the boat and me.

Please get back to me if you think we might make a good team.

Good sailing, Richard D'Addario
SailingOut - CF username
No European Mobile
Email: DickDaddario@aol.com
Old 05-07-2013, 09:43   #6

hello, i am interested to your trip.
i am also available from october.
i have yachtmaster offshore, one transat, and now i am in charge as skipper in the med.
call me

diego

ogeido@libero.it

Tags
Canaries