Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2016, 09:44   #1

Adventurous crew for Feb in Americas&Caribbean

Hi all!

My name is Mel, I'm looking for a boat in need of crew during the month of February, possibly into March. I have some sailing experience and really want to learn more. My last trip was a week in northern Poland (Masuria), it was a crowded boat, cold weather, I didn't know the language and I loved every minute of it! I'm hoping to find an a boat with an experienced captain and the chance to improve my sailing skills and gain more experience. I don't mind doing any kind of work and expect to contribute with cleaning, cooking etc...

About me... I'm 28 from Toronto Canada and living in the the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina (a location with limited sailing opportunities as you might guess). My work in live production means I have a lot of experience working at heights. I know stage rigging and my knots and am physically strong and good with my hands. While touring I have spent months at a time living off a bus and I've never had trouble getting along with all sorts of fun (and unusual) people that I've ended up working with! I'm also a volunteer firefighter. That means lots of working with ropes and heights in all kinds of weather, staying up all night and knowing that your life is in the hands of your team (and vice versa). I love being outdoors, learning about the world, and will never be discouraged by bad weather or a rough day.

Ideally I would like to spend a couple weeks on the water but I'd be happy to join some shorter trips too! Hoping to share expenses (food/fuel). Please message me if you're looking for crew or know someone who is. And feel free to ask me anything

Tags
asa, Caribbean, crew, rib