Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2012, 10:24   #1

Smile Across Oceans or Down The Coast: Available to Crew Aug to Dec With Some Notice

Hello everyone

I am interested in voyages lasting more than several days to a month or so. Presently located in North East USA through 2012 with flexible schedule with some reasonable notice, I am seeking a crew position, if at all possible, where the owner would consider making a reasonable contribution to my travel cost to/from the boat.
I am well avail to assist in all boat operations during pre-prep to arrival clean-up and aboard daily operations. I am confident to stand watch day or night and capable of taking emergency actions when needed or as requested. Educated nurse, experience paramedic, open water PADI diver, yachtmaster offshore with ocean miles and crossing experiences plus many other useful certifications and experiences to assist you on your boat as a crew.

If you feel, I can be of assistance to you, please PM me.

Thank you
Old 27-07-2012, 04:55   #2

Re: Across oceans or down the coast: Available to crew Aug to Dec with some notice

Hi I have a 53 roberts leaving Darwin Australia mid August going to Perth are u interested
Old 27-07-2012, 06:13   #3

Re: Across oceans or down the coast: Available to crew Aug to Dec with some notice

Good day stephenbriggs

Thank you for your reply to my posting and for your kind consideration to have me as a crew member on your vessel. I am interested and little colder weather sailing can be refreshing and challenging. If I can take North Atlantic in January, Australian winter is no-worries.
Going South to Perth from Darwin in the winter - I have never done that route - It would be about 3500 Km +/-??. It sound like a very nice journey.

If you can spare a moment, I would very much like to and appreciate learning more about your journey with possible departure date and perceived itinerary.

If you prefer, please PM me or I can provide you with my E-mail or other contact information - or as I can contact you by phone or your E-mail?

Will you be avail to assist with transportation and Etc.?

Good thoughts
Cheers
Old 27-07-2012, 06:51   #4

Hello stephenbriggs

Not 5500 Km but near about 3500 Km ?

Cheers
Old 28-07-2012, 04:23   #5

I'm going with my grandson and two labs down the East Coast to Marathon Key in Florida-some ditch sailing (ICW)-go out as much as possible-leaving the end of August or thereabouts-weather permitting-boat is a Bayfield 29'
Old 28-07-2012, 04:53   #6

Forgot two things-boat is leaving from Ct-my email is jlqfs75@yahoo.com
Old 28-07-2012, 08:12   #7

Hello Captain (him.jfrank)

Bayfield 29 is a very nice and safe smaller cruiser. It may not be as fast as we may want the boat to be under weaker winds. It has many things larger boats normally have as double head sails and large head. Although no V-berth, the size of the head is simply accommodating. I always liked them very much.

Dogs, I grew up with German Shepherds and always enjoy their accompany. The ICW in August, little warmer and no true wind during certain legs of the water way, however, I am sure your grandson will enjoy the diversity of the environments that you will be sailing through as well as experience the back countries a little.

Regretfully, I would like to express my thank you for your kind consideration to be a member of the boat crew team with your grandson and your canine family member, but must pass on your offer this time.

As you may also be aware, I have been advised by others captains of some petty theft and Etc. in some more desolate areas of the ICW passages, specially during overnight anchorage outside the commercial anchorages. I am sure you are more familiar with ICW, but in case that you were not aware. Although no true worries, I just wanted to share what others were kind enough to share with me in the past journeys up and down the ICW.

Fair wind, good thoughts and well wishes
Cheers
Old 28-07-2012, 08:17   #8

Thanks for rapid response
Old 28-07-2012, 08:21   #9

Captain him.jfrank

Have a great time and hope your grandson catches many fish.

Cheers
Old 28-07-2012, 10:52   #10

Thanks

Know it doesn't make any difference-we're going to hang in the Chesapeake Bay-till the end of Sept

Hope you find a great ride on the boat of your choice -with yoyr dream destination
Old 28-07-2012, 13:41   #11

Boat: Hatteras 61 CMY, Hatteras 58 Yachtfish, Eastern 21 CC

Wondering Star,

I have some cooler weather cruising availble fro you ASAP. I just posted a new thread headed Canadian Maritimes and Newfoundland aboard Luxury Cockpit Hatteras Motoryacht. It may not be upo for a day or so but I can tell you more now -- 202-359-0781

Mike
Old 28-07-2012, 15:56   #12

Hello Mkane744

Thank you for your contact, I will call you within the hour.

Cheers
Old 28-07-2012, 23:47   #13

Hello Captain Mkane744

Possibly experiencing temporary network difficulty with my personal email account - will correct the issue as soon as possible.

Yes, thank you, the email with the attachment was received and reply given.

Will discuss the opportunity with my better half and get back to you soon.

If you would be so kind to answer the questions in my reply, I would appreciate it.

If you did not receive any response email from my account within the last several hours - please notify me

Cheers
Old 02-08-2012, 07:39   #14

Boat: Challenger Ketch 50
Send a message via Skype™ to phlbob7

Are you available for trip from Olympia to Mexico then South Pacific
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59   #15

Dear phlbob7

PM was just sent to you Captain with a few questions in respond to your inquiry.
If you would please tell me more about the voyage and your needs, your vessel and about yourself, I would appreciate it.

PM message would be fine.

Cheers

Tags
crew