Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2016, 17:35   #1

6 months in South Pacific leaving Brisbane

Hi everyone

I'm taking the plunge and heading to Noumea in June 2016 from brisbane for an extended South Pacific cruise. Plan on visiting New Cal, Fiji, Vanuatu, Samoa and stopping at all recommend atolls and beaches.

I'm looking for a chilled crew who are happy to take their time with the region. I'm a pretty ride the tide sort of guy and don't really care where I get too as long as it's fun.

Planning to leave the boat in Fiji before November 2016 and fly back to australia for Christmas. Return next year and head further west.

About me : male, 36, chilled, plenty of offshore boating experience (little sailing experience but I'm picking it up). Likes diving, fishing, cooking, travelling and plan on doing tonnes of it !!!!!

Looking for crew to share costs, pretty much just diesel/food/alcohol. I enjoy finishing the day off with a few beers, please be aware of that if alcohol is not your thing. I live cheap and love it, but won't sacrifice beer.

1989 48 foot Steel Ketch with all the mod cons and proven voyager. Own cabins provided, looking for a crew of two.

If interested let me know via message.

Thanks
Michael
Old 03-01-2016, 09:31   #2

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44
Re: 6 months in South Pacific leaving Brisbane

You will absolutely love where you are going. Don't shortcut Vanuatu as it was the highlight of our travels across. We didn't start from you end. You'll have to work a bit harder on the passages going that directions but we met lots of Australians that went that way so it is doable. Good luck in finding crew. Stay chilly...
Old 03-01-2016, 11:27   #3

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Hi, just for the possible responders to your post, you do mean Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, and not Brisbane, near San Francisco, California (USA)?
Old 05-02-2016, 05:17   #4

Hey Happysailor

Did you fill your boat position? I have not heard any response from you in a while.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:55   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to beiusei

Oh yeah!
I am interested in this travel even if i would prefer cross the pacific.
I am 40, ENGLISH, SPANISH, ITALIAN, speaking, basic cook, watersports.
My fb www.facebook.com/beiusei
Old 05-02-2016, 17:58   #6

Hi mate would love to join your crew I live in Brisbane I haveaskilled knowledge of eletronics and im a great cook .I have sailed a lot in my life and would love the opurtunity to prove that i could be a valued member .Please drop me a line

Thanks Cameron
Old 09-02-2016, 09:15   #7

My son and I are looking for a run and this is longer than I can take, but he's game and has the time. Happy to share expenses. He's 22, healthy and ready to go at a moments notice. He hiked 1600 miles on the Appalachian Trail last year so he's a survivor.
Old 11-02-2016, 14:37   #8

Boat: Beneteau first 26

hello ,
Im 24 have over 10000 miles as marine engineer and around 1000 miles on sailboat in the Med , im speaking English / Greek and i would like to join you!
send me a message on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/akis.cloud or a pm here for more information.
Old 15-02-2016, 23:53   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Ferrutia
pirate Re: 6 months in South Pacific leaving Brisbane

Hi Michael, I'm Fernando from Spain, traveling around the world since two years, now in Australia. I'm looking for a travel around the Pacific Islands and also to learn new skills in a boat. I can cook (I love to cook Spanish and International recipes) and I can clean the boat. If you teach me I can learn fast to do other things that you need.
I speak Spanish and English (also learning). I'm positive and intrepid traveler. I have a blog telling about my story La Vuelta al Mundo sin Prisas and you can know me better and contact me there.
I hope to hear from you.
Thanks
Fernando
Old 02-03-2016, 09:06   #10

Hi Michael!

Did you find crew yet? I am interested in joining you. Please let me know if there is still availability and I will email you my resume and details etc...

Thank you!

Victoria
Old 05-03-2016, 21:54   #11

Hello Michael,
I would love to join you in this adventure! I am an expat in Singapore are ready to quit my job. It's my dream to sail the South Pacific. I have no experience in crewing, but am willing to learn and be a good company. Working in wellness and natural cosmetics field, interested in travel, meditation and making the world a better place. Can cook, clean, etc.
Pm me if interested plz!
Thanks!!

Tags
brisbane, south pacific