Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2013, 13:56   #1

Boat: Custom, Ketch, 50 - N'Ice
50ft Ketch sailing from NB Canada to Bahamas

One person or male/female pair to sail from NB Canada at end of september. Not a lot of experience necessary - boat has autopilot and all the necessary nav tools/Perkins diesel aux/fridge/bath-shower/galley with sink,stove,all utensils and dishes for eating & cooking.
3 questions...
Are you available begin october ?
Are you male or female or a male/female couple ?
How will you travel to Canada to join me?
My info...
50 ft ketch - aux diesel (Perkins) 4 GPS, radar, 2 depth sounders, 6 man Viking liferaft, all new rigging and ground tackle, teak/mahogany in and out, plenty ground tackle (300 ft 3/8in high tensile chain), fridge, shower, etc etc
This vessel has been in Labrador and Newfoundland, Great Lakes and all maritime provinces - sturdy and safe
Will be sailing from NB Canada to Abacos/Bahamas
Leaving end september
Ron

Old 30-08-2013, 21:16   #2

Re: 50ft Ketch sailing from NB Canada to Bahamas

Hi there. I'm very interested in this opportunity. I'm young and eager. Not a lot of experience at sea. However I put a lot of effort in what im doing and will complete any task given to me. Thank you for considering me. If you'd like to talk further please email me. Garethgus599@gmail.com

Old 31-08-2013, 09:33   #3

My name is Dave, interested in doing this sail with you. I would get to Canada by flying. Available for the whole sail, just trying to get to the caribe by november sometime. I know my way around a boat david.d.keefe@gmail.com
Old 31-08-2013, 13:00   #4

Hey, I'm Mark. I am setting off Seattle to San Francisco this Sunday and should be done in 10 days or so. I would love to join you for the east coast trip to the Bahamas. I ran a sailing school there for a summer and would love to go back. I am Canadian and would likely fly to NB. I have certs in cruising/navigation/VHF etc... my email is mostapiak@gmail.com or my cell is 289-442-0365. Hope to hear from you very soon. I apologise if I don't get back right away as I may be out in the blue.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:07   #5

My girlfriend and I both have our 50 ton USCG OUPV licenses and lots of experience. I sailed a Gemini Cat from Marsh Harbour to Virginia. We are both airline pilots and in our 50s. We could start the trip on 7 Oct and need to leave on 18 Oct. We can fly into any airport in Canada for free and out of Marsh Harbour. Thanks!!! Frank and Patti
Old 02-09-2013, 11:34   #6

Hi
I would be interested in possibly doing this trip with you. I don't really have any sailing experience but am really wanting to learn and am not afraid to work. I live on PEI - so I am close by!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:48   #7

Good morning northiceman,

Sent you PM.

DLPrinter
Old 05-09-2013, 04:05   #8

OK-just replied...please send your phone number Mark and I will call.

Thanks

Ron
Old 05-09-2013, 20:04   #9

I am interested in crewing on your ketch. You may check my credentials and see if I'm the type person to have on board, and help out. As you see, I have a lot of boating experience, including sailing, and want the blue water experience. No problem getting anywhere the boat happens to be, and flying home. As you notice I'm a retired airline pilot, etc. Obviously, I would have some questions, also. Doug Walton
Old 06-09-2013, 07:43   #10

I am interested in joining you for your trip. I'm 35 years old from Colorado, USA. I have 8 years of occasional (a few of weekends / year) small boat daysailing experience and this Spring (2013) I completed a week long liveaboard course and received ASA certifications for Basic Coastal Cruising and Chartering. I'm aware that my resume of sailing experience is a bit light but I'm committed to working hard to refine my skills. I'm easy going, responsible, a good cook and quite handy. I'm not prone to seasickness or motionsickness. I am willing to pay my own transportation costs and my fair share of expenses aboard. I have a family so some advance planning may be necessary. I could get away for about 2 weeks depending on when you need help.

Let me know if you're interested in speaking further. PM to contact me.

Doug
Old 06-09-2013, 18:07   #11

Hey Doug,
I have the crew chosen already. I will, however, keep you in my "possible-crew" list in case things change.

Thanks for applying

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohokie View Post
I am interested in joining you for your trip. I'm 35 years old from Colorado, USA. I have 8 years of occasional (a few of weekends / year) small boat daysailing experience and this Spring (2013) I completed a week long liveaboard course and received ASA certifications for Basic Coastal Cruising and Chartering. I'm aware that my resume of sailing experience is a bit light but I'm committed to working hard to refine my skills. I'm easy going, responsible, a good cook and quite handy. I'm not prone to seasickness or motionsickness. I am willing to pay my own transportation costs and my fair share of expenses aboard. I have a family so some advance planning may be necessary. I could get away for about 2 weeks depending on when you need help.

Let me know if you're interested in speaking further. PM to contact me.

Doug
Old 06-09-2013, 18:08   #12

Mark,

I have the crew chosen already. I will, however, keep you in my "possible-crew" list in case things change.

Thanks for applying

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2772 View Post
Hey, I'm Mark. I am setting off Seattle to San Francisco this Sunday and should be done in 10 days or so. I would love to join you for the east coast trip to the Bahamas. I ran a sailing school there for a summer and would love to go back. I am Canadian and would likely fly to NB. I have certs in cruising/navigation/VHF etc... my email is mostapiak@gmail.com or my cell is 289-442-0365. Hope to hear from you very soon. I apologise if I don't get back right away as I may be out in the blue.
Old 06-09-2013, 18:22   #13

This Crew request is now closed. Thanks to everyone for your interest.

Fair winds to all !
Old 08-09-2013, 06:01   #14
dbw

I am interested and available.
Will send PM and resume.
DaveW
Old 08-09-2013, 06:03   #15
dbw

I am interested and available.
Will send PM and resume.